Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I tried searching but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I need new shocks and bearing plates for my 02 ZTS and I was thinking that the SVT kit looks good. The kit that everyone links to is this one: SVT Suspension Kit

but I also found this kit that doesn't include the springs, but does include the bearing plates (which I need): SVT Focus Damper Kit .

I'd like any opinions on which one I should get. Are they the same except for the springs and bearing plates? Can I use the stock ZTS springs with the SVT dampers?

Thanks,

Adam

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
yes, you will need the springs. it would be similar to putting springs on the car, and not doing the rest of it. It shouldnt lower it that much, but it will look a lot better, and handle just like an svt!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Eibach or H&R springs would be my recommendation.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
reyemka said:
thanks for the quick reply. Do I need the springs though? I'm not really looking to lower it.
No, you don't need the springs.
You'll gain in handling good enough with just the stiffer settings of the SVT dampers.

But...I think what everyone is getting at, is to realize the full potential of upgraded dampers,
SVT (first choice) or aftermarket springs would compliment the package quite nicely.

I'm not sure of running Eibach or H&R springs with the SVT dampers.
They would work for a while, but they're not designed for either of those springs.
Chances are they would wear out prematurely.
It's always best to use a matching set of springs/dampers.

EDIT
BTW, that "damper only kit" also excludes the rear sway bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts