Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the near future I am wanting to get a supercharger. I am not sure on which on to get. Money is not a problem. I know for sure that I dont want the Jackson Racing SC. Tell me which one you think is the best. Thanks.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention I have a 2000 Zetec ZX3 with 18,xxx miles. Parts already on my car are in my profile.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
^^^ Nuff said... They are custom and customizable. They have solid powerband and are still being made... The fact that they are still being made is a bonus since JRSC and PWSC are no longer being made.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
well i guess that sums that up

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pro charger, I have the powerwoks kit an it wasent worth it I spent to much for something no one wants to stand by, everyone just wants to pass the buck. How does the pulley leak? Well it must of been installed wrong, okay the seal failed they fixed it, Now guess what the bolts that hold the snout on leak an they might have to charge me. But magason dont remember having my blower an the guy that work on my unit is nolonger employed there. So in the end 1000 to put it on 1000 to take it off with reinstall, 160 to ship to CA, an its off the car right now for the snout only i cant pay someone else to do it anymore i had to do it myself, Im gonna have extra parts left over I know it. So in the 7 months I have had my car it has been down 3 months. Paid well over 6000 for just this, I know this hasent happend to everyone, they just blew the motor off the base tune... Im stuck with a car that is all stock with a busted blower. Should of went a diffrent route.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
you can still get jackson through ford but they take a while

·
Registered
548 Posts
Doesn't focussport have a centi. for the Ztec?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yeah but its justa vortech supercharger with a differnt pipe

the focussport supercharger, is a upgradable too, find the use, islandfocus, his set up is nice!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll put my vote in for procharger, hands down the EASIEST install for a forced induction kit for the zetec bar none!
Convert it to front mount intercooler!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also keep this in mind.

FocusSport & JRSC+BBK come with a tune with the price.
Procharger requires custom tune = Additional $400-500 more after purchase.
(Also assumes you have someone locally who can tune it properly.)

Also, I believe the FocusSport and PC require using the engine motor oil for lubercation whereas the JRSC does not.

I had the JRSC+BBK and it was a lot of fun for a daily driver.
Immediate TQ from a dead stop & smooth overall powerband.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just to clear it up, the Procharger is a self contained unit, its oil is required to be changed every second engine oil change.
In other words, no tapping of oil pan required.
However, yes, you will need tuning.

·
Registered
132 Posts
to be honest i like turbo better [paranoid] so scratch SC and go TURBO lol [joke] ..... but if i have to choose i would choose the procharger , it gives good power, great quality, by far is the easiest to install but, the piping ive heard is kind of a little problem but thats it...it's kind of expensive (not including tune) but you wont regret it.. (i still think you should get turbo[neener] )

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have a couple friends that have turboed cars and rather go the opposite direction. all have had problems with seals breaking.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
like anything you get what you pay for. Go with a cheapy turbo kit you will have problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For Procharger piping, if you convert to front mount intercooler, you can use your own piping and won't have any issues that might exist with their piping.
Only needed to use one 75 and one 45 degree bend to line up between the intercooler and the maf pipe.
I used their maf pipe, but I probably could've used a cai's maf pipe also. I chose the procharger maf pipe because I liked that the bends were much smoother/longer than the abrupt bends that cai maf pipes usually have.
Overall, its the ease of the system that sold me for a daily driver.
If you want numbers over 200 for both hp AND torque than yes, go with turbo.
You won't get over 200 torque with a Procharger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts