Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather buy a JRSC or a Vortech? I am trying to decide and am now leading towards the JRSC because of my budget but if you can convince me then I will save longer to get the Vortech. Somebody give me the pro's and cons of each and tell me the cheapest you have seen them. I have seen the JRSC for like $2999.95 at cheapest and I hear the Vortech is like $5 grand. Thanks for the replies.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
centrifugal will work better with mods, will make more power and will last just as long as a roots blower. as for boost to run, depends on the trim blower. and the m45 blower from jrsc starts to have heat problems near 10psi and up...much less than the intercooled vortech could run.

depends on what power you want, if you want a max of 180whp...go with the jrsc (though you will spend some cash trying to get that power)...or just get the vortech and make over 200whp and not worry about the blower.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well where is the cheapest you've seen the Vortech? I also heard that some guy is trying to use the M62 blower with the JRSC. Where would I buy the blower and how much custom work would it take? Or could I just buy the SVT supercharger and modify it? I'm trying to stay as cheap as possible and would like to be above the 200 whp mark some day. I would go turbo but I live in California and that wouldn't pass emissions so I figure the s/c might.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
from what you want, i say go with the vortech kit, talk to c-f-m...see what they can do for you. and they have gone over the 200whp mark witht he vortech kit, so they will know.

as for modifing the m62...it can be done with custom intake manifold work, then mounting, and a tb from the svt would probably be used.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
JRSC it's cheaper and a nice bolt on. I havn't read or went rhough an installation of a Vortech so all i can vouch for is the JRSC the JRSC is a 8-10 hour install but is pretty straight forward

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What could my quarter mile times be expected to be with the JRSC and no other bolt ons and what about with the Vortech? Just rough estimates if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
read one of the other vortech threads, cfm posted a time with drag radials.... id only buy from cfm because they have been working with the kit, not just selling it.

jrsc with no mods runs a 16.1 according to i think SCC.

vortech should be mid- high 15s

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the M62 is a little better than the standard M45 that JRSC offers, thats what i plan on using, but its going to be a good deal of work

F

·
0 Posts
i'm going with JRSC because it is way cheaper and i like the way it installs better than the vortech kit does because it more concealled than the vortech is.

that's my input

www.NOPI.com has it for $2,697.26

·
Registered
21 Posts
kenne bell would rock. the twin-screws are much more efficient, even a non i/c model with the same psi would make more power then the roots jrsc[thumb]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew about the effectiveness of the Liquid Intercooler part for the JRSC that retails for about $500 or so. Its on their website as one of the focus parts. There weren't any major details on it.

As for the price of the JRSC, cheapest I've seen is $2575 at batinc.net

1 - 18 of 18 Posts