Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying the eibach sportline lowering springs for my 14' candy blue sedan in a few weeks, and so my question is. Which model struts should I purchase? I went to the dealer and he had a list of 4 different 13' front strut options, sport, touring, handling, and normal I believe. Which set would be the best. I'm trying to go as low as possible without the feel of coils. There are a million threads about using the older struts, but which set would work best with lowering springs?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My goal is low..... Wait my goal is to be as low possible without coilovers, not the level of my goal is low.... Lol.
Has anyone compared the extended rod length of all of the different models. I want to get as much life out of them as possible. Or if i took them to a machine shop and had them extend the thread and shave of 1/2" off the top, thus making the rod not as preloaded under full weight. will that theoretically prolong the life?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
My goal is low..... Wait my goal is to be as low possible without coilovers, not the level of my goal is low.... Lol.
Has anyone compared the extended rod length of all of the different models. I want to get as much life out of them as possible. Or if i took them to a machine shop and had them extend the thread and shave of 1/2" off the top, thus making the rod not as preloaded under full weight. will that theoretically prolong the life?
Yea you could do that, but w/ less travel you'll need a strut setup to work w/ less travel.With less travel the strut is going to be working more vs one w/ a little more travel to deal with. Different oils, pistons, addition heat, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I purchased sportlines for the 2013, and the struts for the performance package, now i'm thinking about just buying the top hat and bearing, just so I can swap the whole strut setup. Can someone help with finding the parts on rockauto, I can't seem to fins the tophat, or top portion of the strut? I went to the ford dealer, and the parts guy said there are two different parts to the mount? Any info would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts