Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jus wondering which spark plugs I should use with nitrous? I think I heard that you are suppost to use cooler spark plugs or somthing? Let me know what you think is the best?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I am only running a 50 shot and I am using the stock plugs and so far they are fine, I took a look at them recently and nothing looks bad yet, with a 75 shot or bigger I would run a one step or 2 if you could get away with it plug. Some blowers I have worked with we have ended up running 2 steps colder and its been fine, also that is with top shelf ignitions and plug wires etc.. I think you should be fine as long as you run only premium fuel. Just listen for any knocking or pinging when you spray the nitrous, if so, a colder plug can help...With bigger hits of nitrous, the plug type can really matter but not with 50 hp. Sometimes the platinum plugs can actually have problems with the flame kernel at high nitrous levels and you need copper large electrode plugs and sometimes you neeed to close the gaps on the plugs, personally I have never fooled with nitrous at thes e levels ( 400 h.p or so just from nitrous)..But with everything I've fooled with that has never been a problem. Hope that helps, let me know what hp shot you are using!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it is a zex kit, i think it has 50-75 shot with it.... should i be fine with regular plugs and like 93octane gas? thanks!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Just listen carefully for any knock and run premium gas and you should be fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts