Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, i wanna know which side should i install the pressure plate in my clutch, We have 2 options right?

FIRST:

other angle but still the same option

SECOND:

Other view of the second option

So should i put the exedent of te pressure plate inside of the clutch or to the other side?

Please i know this seems noob but I have a very serious problem, maybe im wrong but i think the second option is the correct one right? no?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
the pressure plate or the clutch disc?

flip the disk so the springs face the pressure plate

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
am gona say second but get me a bettter pic of the clutch disc.

also it should say on it which way to position it.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats whyyyyy im duing this -_- seems like the stupid mechanic put this in the incorrect way, and thats spec fault!!!, the stickers are wrong, you know, since i live in hermosillo, and my dad worked for ford, we know a lot of mechanics that worked with ther svt, they all said the clutch directions are WRONG WTF??????????' and i should get a new clutch?... damn man i felt like stupid when i heard that yesterday, i have not driven my car for 4 weeks now just because 2 stupid stickers and a not skilled mechanic ( who is a ford certified tech) how you like that?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
that sucks man!

but its the second pic for sure!

i remember when I installed mine, the springs face the pressure plate.

·
Registered
459 Posts
that sucks man!

but its the second pic for sure!

i remember when I installed mine, the springs face the pressure plate.

You mean second OPTION, right? Second pic is just another angle of option 1. Only in pic 3 are the springs facing the pressure plate.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you guys help me with this please?, spec is saying this aint true, but i found a lot of picturs showing that what im telling its true, can some of the experts answer my thread!! PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
springs face the pressure plate im pretty sure. i havent done a clutch in almost a year tho...

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i found this pictures, i guess they didnt install the clutch bad or did they?

and even found the meat and bone SPEC guys showing the lifted area in the disc DOESNOT go towards the flywheel

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
can you take a picture of just the clutch disc please! i wana see it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts