Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided that since winter is coming up and I'm in michigan, then a body kit isn't the best idea, i wouldn't wanna mess it up right away with the harsh winter weather we get, so ive decided towards engine mods just to hold me down. I want a Volant intake, FC 65mm TB, UDP, Diablo Chip, and exhaust system (Dual exhaust would be sweet) But like, which should i get first? Which is the best out of the bunch? I was thinking Volant First, then TB then just one of the others...So basically, which should i get FIRST: the Volant intake or the FC 65mm TB?
Thanks in advance.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I'd go with the FC 65mm TB.
U will notic the throttle response improvement immediately.
Then spend $25 on a K&N Drop in filter and remove your resonator(#7 on the diagram ).
This will get U by until you can get the Volant.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
drop in filter wont touch the performance a volant can.... get the volant first... then the tb... then udp... then chip... then full exhaust... and cam gears

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like Euro's idea more, sorry micro

VOLANT IT IS!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Euro, if he goes with the intake first, won't it be a waste since his stock TB (I think the stock is 52-54mm) is still his bottle neck into the intake/engine ?

Will the stock TB be sufficient enough that a difference can be felt with the Volant intake ?

I guess maybe that's why I was pointing more toward the FC 65mm TB. [confused]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an idea, My parents will buy me one of them (whichever one is cheaper)cause im gonna have a good report card and ill buy the other one so i just get em both on at the same time. Then I'm sure i'd feel a BIG difference

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah I got my 65mm TB and the Volant at the time, the improvement was good. And a really nice sound.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
he doesnt need anything custom burnt for his mods. the standard program will be fine. the chip im only reco'ing cuz he has an auto and it will help with its sluggish shifts.... custom programs are really only for race headers, cams, no egr, stuff like that...

anyway. the stock intake wont flow enough for the tb to really do much, the volant will make gains on the stock tb for sure. it will bottle neck for sure... but he will notice more with a volant + stock tb vs. stock intake + 65 mm tb...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts