Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well past the generic car wash fluid bought in bulk. I use ..

Meguirs - Wax, quick wax, quick detailer

Eagle One - tire dressing, wax as you dry

Mother - Rims polish (not on the focus since they are painted), and back to black on the trim in case i put wax on it by mistake.

Oh an a tip for those of you with painted rims that dont feel smooth anymore after you wash them use nufinish once a year car polish to remove some of the damage done by the brake dust and get them shiny again.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I use Eagle One wax as you dry (it's the shiznit)
Meguiers hot rims (in the purple bottle)
and Armor All Detailers advantage tire foam.
Other then that I usually just spray my car down at the car wash or run it through the automatic. No bubble brush touches my car......
On the inside I only use Armor All. Never had a problem with it and it shines.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah i use armor all low gloss on the inside or else it reflects in my windshield with the regular stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've tried a lot of different products over the years and these are the one that work for me:

Meguiars Gold class wash, Deep Crystal polish, Gold Class wax, Quick Detailer and leather conditioner.

STP for the inside plastic. (Better than Armor All IMHO, it looks nicer and lasts longer)

Eagle One wheel cleaner and Mothers wheel polish.

STP tire dressing.

Back to Black for the outside black trim.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i use mothers car wash, tire cleaner and wax, for the inside i use armor all, i also use black magic tire shine/ dressing for the tires

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Pinnacle car wash, Klasse All in one and Klasse high gloss sealant glaze. The all in one covers every inch of the car except rubber parts and the front glass. I do one coat of all in one, one coat of sealant glaze, and a second top of car coat of sealant glaze. This is good for a year. Is easy to work with. The Pinnacle car wash is unbelievable....and to expensive...but what a wash.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool Cool hmm i think the eagle one does everything too, and i think the only rubber on the car is the tires. Is that Klasse a small company from up north (if you know) I'll probably search for it later.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I use Mother's Clay Bar and Detailing Wax, Dawn dish soap to strip wax, and Trade Secret Carnauba Wax from Top of the Line. On the interior I use 303 Vinyl and Fabric protectant, (ArmorAll has petroleum in it, which will dry out and discolor your vinyl after extended use, or any extended sunlight.) On the wheels I use Meguiar's Hot Wheels. Works great, and then I use blechewhite on the wheels, less fake shine, and less discoloration, just brand new look all around. If I have swirls I use Top of the Lines Light cut swirl remover followed up by the Trade Secret wax.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Pitchbackab, whatever you're using, keep using it--your car looks great.

Living in an apt, I have to use the carwash. The only real product I use is Armour All wheel cleaner. Living here on 95--the grimiest interstate in the world, I need it.

I do need to wax before winter though.. but have nowhere to do it. [:(]

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got one of those fleece mitts that you wear and scrub your car, THOSE RULE.
Eagle one rim cleaner
meguirs car wax, quick wax
armor foam tire cleaner, and a hard bristled scrub brush, cleans your tires like mad.
Interior armor all wipes

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Turtle Wax war wash
NuFinish Wax
Eagle one rim cleaner
Eagle one tire dressing
Armoral for the interior

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm reading what everyone uses for their car's, and I'm thinking.....hmmm, does this mean I'm gonna have to start keeping it nice and clean? I'm used to washing my vehicles MAYBE once every 3 months. Hell my last Wrangler I went over 6 months without a wash. To me trucks and jeeps aren't supposed to be pretty. How often are you supposed to wax, and how long does it take you guys to wash your rides? I've had the Focus for about month now and havent washed it yet.....was waiting til I put the rims on it and they just came a couple days ago, still sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well once you start waxcing your car you shoudl do it about once everythree months if you do your own oil changes try to set that day apart to do that and really detail you car well. As for washing it is recommended at least once every 15 days to keep the paint in good condition, I myself do it once a week for cruising on the weekends, but I usually get to it once a month now because the rain only lets up for a little bit, so it feels stupid to wash to for it to rain right after.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do feel you on trucks though they look cooler dirty, but the truck in the family is my moms explorer so i treat it like a baby, just like my zx3

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Ain't nuttin' wrong with a dirty truck. Haven't washed the Ranger off I know in over a month.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts