Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which is better, Boss, Jensen, JVC?

Hi, I'm from France, so sorry if I don't speak well, I will domy Best. I want to put a 2din headunit in my focus ZX3 2003, I know the stock one is not a 2din but I'll do what's necessary for it to fit. As we don't have any choice in 2din headunits in France, I'm planning to buy one at Sonic Electronix which ships to France. First, do you know this Store, is it trustable?
Then as I don't know some names as Jensen or Boss, because it doesn't exist in France, I don't know which should I buy. Can you help me in these three:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7405.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6917.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6861.html

or tell me what would be best if all these three are not good. I can't put more than 700dollars in it and I wish less than that but if it's really the best of the best then I'll see.

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
JVC one

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
of those choices i'd probably go with the JVC. but if I were you, look for maybe an Alpine or a Pioneer. . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
we have W6 JL 2 tens that good wen i hear that i hear QOulity JL is the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* with a kicker AMP that has 1200 or 1000 i dont rememebr thjats wat we have and its good soo do want u want to do ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
we wraped like 400 all together i think yeah thats wat dad said sO umm o we have 6 by nines in the car KENNWOOD
SPEAKS

·
Registered
8 Posts
The double DIN makes sense if you're going for video.
If video isn't a must, just get a nice pioneer or alpine single din :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right but the goal was to have something different from other guys in France. Focus are not well considered in France, there are really few of them and that 's why I love that car, I just want to get a 2 din because nobody else in France would be crazy enough to cut some place to put a 2din and to order a headunit in the USA. But I'm crazy and want to show I'm, that's why I really want a 2din

·
Registered
38 Posts
believe it or not that jensen has a lot of features and we have had NO problems out of them and i bet we have sold about two dozen of them!for a mid priced screen it really seems to be solid!just my two cents...by the way i'm working on getting a double din in the dash right now and if your not good at custom fiberglass work buy yourself a spare radio bezel off ebay!we do custom work all the time and i [email protected]*@ed the first one up it's a tricky angle to get all that radio in the dash![thumb] will pos picks after its finished.

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you can spring the extra dough he's right go with the alpine!!!I thought he wanted to know which we thought was the best of the three he picked out![thumb]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ummmm.... France uses a PAL format with there discs correct? If so then the Boss is the only one capable of playing the european format. To my knowledge the others only play the NTSC format sold here in the US. This being the case, they all have video input so you could get the alpine or jvc and use a dvd player mounted elsewhere (ie. in the glovebox) that plays your format, and problem solved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts