1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 2 focuses
My wifes: 2003 zts zetec
Mine: 2004 zx3 zetec

Which motorcraft filter do they take? Some books say a motocraft 2005 and others call for a motorcraft 400...so which is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
WELL my dad and i just change the oil yesterday and and dilter we put an STP but before we had an KnN oil filter so if u want the best go with KnN

·
Registered
33 Posts
KnN actually had problems with their filters a few years ago so i stayed away from them (just oil filters). i stuck a MOBIL1 filter in mine 2 days ago

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use Motocraft......I would not use the K&N......if i remember right they have a problem w/ not holding the oil and when you start the car it takes a couple sec to fill back up. Lack of oil on start up's is bad.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a difference between the two? The motorcraft site is calling for the fl400 for the cars beside the SVt. Is there really a difference between the two?

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is a difference between the two filters. The FL400s is for the SPI motor.
The FL2005 is for the zetec motor. The FL2005 has an extra piece of metal sitting in the middle of the filter. I believe I remember hearing that it helps
oil pressure used for the varible cam timing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
the fl2005 has an antidrain-back valve in it, and the 400s does not. i checked at wal-mart last time i bought one there and the 2005 is now listed for all years now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's why I was asking. They have a seperate page next to the oil filter book they says fl400 for the zetec focuses and 2005 for the svt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts