Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I had a vibration in my car not too long ago and I have been hunting it down. So far I have done a complete tune up including changing the ignition coil, just last night I chaged the passanger upper motor mount the Hydraulic one. My car feels much better, but I still feel a very small vibration still. I have the clip to show before changing the motor mount on the passenger side let me know what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5Y2tz1ubk

Also do you know if my car will ever run like a 2009 car if I change all of the motor mounts. You know I am aiming to just hear the engine purr, but no virbrations. Or am I just asking for too much?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
784 Posts
gota do the lower engine mount, its on the bottom of the engine and looks like a dog bone. CFM sells a few different ones, all work the same and make a big improvement in the engine torquing like that in your video.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken6x6 are you saying then that my motor mounts are working fine then? or do they look like they are shot?

Thanks

John

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
it looks like ur rear dog bone mount bushings r shot. my car is the same.

u may also want to check drivers side motor mount too, i also have that one broken

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard is it to change the Rear Dog mount? Mine is a regular ZX3 not SVT..

Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm going to be replacing the rear mount next week when it shows up. From what I have read the install is not all that hard. Here is the how to for the MTX-75. Scroll down till you get to SkaAddicts post(he did the small write up for replacing the mount on a MTX-75 car inside WD40s original how-to for the svt rear mount replacement) WD40s pics and info on the first page will also be of some additional help if you do this yourself...
Clicky!

·
Registered
471 Posts
DO NOT install a performance lower engine mount (dog bone). The performance once use polyurethane bushings making the mount more stiff, thus creating more vibrations. From a performance point of view it is great, but for what you need OEM and only OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts