Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall thnk is the best bolt-on catback system? I have the ST and the stock exhaust is ok but its not loud enough nor is it deep enough. I want something deep and loud and doesn't pop when I floor-it!! I was thinking about a magnaflow with a draxas header? Oh and is a focus sport intake a good choice? Or would the cossie intake be better?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
If you aren't modifying it much, I feel the Focus Sport system is nice quality exhaust system. If you are looking to do lots of modifications, then you would want to look for a good 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you reccomend a good 2.5 system? For a reasonable price? Well right no I drive it to work and I work in a bad area so I'm still trying to pick a good alarm and have fords crappy tint ripped off an llumar tint put on. But after that its CAI, TB, Intake Manifold, Draxxas Header, cat-back system. All at once Im gonna buy everything and just take a couple days off from work and work on my car. Oh and on my stock ST when I have it in neutral and rev it too like 6000 and let off it tends to backfire any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
yeah, don't rev it in neutral. the car isn't meant to do that.

I'd go with a 2.5" exhaust since you are talking about doing a header as well as other mods.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but which one? And is it bad to rev it neutral?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Having no load on the engine and spinning it has been up to debate, I am on the side that said it's not healthy for the motor. The motor is designed to be loaded and have resistance against free revving.

Exhaust is all about sound once you sttle on diameter and that is up to you. I'm rather partial to Borla and the stuff Walter of Marcy Motorsport has done custom for me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its hard to pic an exhaust if I can't hear it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do yall think about a cosworth cat-back and the FS intake for now? Any ideas on how that would sound as well as HP increase?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Cosworth cat-back is going to be loud...there's an exhaust clip of one floating around here somewhere. Coupled with the FS intake you'll see a definite improvement in power and it'll be very loud.

As far as popping, there's not much you can do about it - it's a symptom of a freer flowing exhaust. If you're dead set against it, you can cut the pipe and install a high-flow cat - that should reduce the popping.

A tune might also help by adjusting the exhaust cam timing. Check with Wayne at HIA or Randy at FS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the magnaflow. It somewhat loud but not annoying like a rice burner. The magnaflow has a deeper throartier sound and it def improves your cars performance. I'd recommend the magnaflow, all stainless steel and a lifetime warrenty. Cant go wrong with that.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Mastodon said:
The Cosworth cat-back is going to be loud...there's an exhaust clip of one floating around here somewhere. Coupled with the FS intake you'll see a definite improvement in power and it'll be very loud.

As far as popping, there's not much you can do about it - it's a symptom of a freer flowing exhaust. If you're dead set against it, you can cut the pipe and install a high-flow cat - that should reduce the popping.

A tune might also help by adjusting the exhaust cam timing. Check with Wayne at HIA or Randy at FS.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5642473362576638900&q=focus+cosworth

video of cossie catback on my 05. no intake. no header.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea I checked the exhaust clip stickey but my computer sucks so im pretty sure it does no ones exhaust its justice. BTW wickedgreyzx3 are you wearing one of those ankle boots in that vid. I say you just swing yourself outta the car and I was like w.t.f but you exhaust is loud and does sound good. I guess Ill go over the exhaust clip stickey and deciede from there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
bro GET TRUBENDZ!!!!!!

www.trubendz.com

i have the 2.5 stainless steel system. it came with an optional cat delete pipe. in other words, you have an option to use your cat or have a straight pipe. the muffler is a magnaflow straight through. the bends are manderal bends. it sounds [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g awesome. it's loud, but it overall it was a little over 300 bucks and well worth it. magnaflow systems are over 400 usually.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I went ahead and ordered a system from trubendz.com it was $400 shipped. 2.50in. all stainless steel and I think it said it was flexback. So I hope it works out good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts