Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well; it's about time to change my spark plugs. i was wondering which ones i should get? i searched back, and seems like everyone suggests coppercores, but they're one step colder, aren't they? right now, i'm basically stock with a shortram intake and a cat-back. should i stick with just regular OEM spark plugs, or go with somfin else? also, i run my car a lot up and down the local mountain roads here, so should i go with different plugs to accommodate the constant running?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Copper plugs

If I remember correctly not 100% sure but I do believe they are one step colder for the Reg Zetec which would put them in the right range for the SVT Being that we have a little higher comp. and HP. I did a tune up on mine and used them with some FRPP wires. I didn't notice a hugh change but it did seem a little smoother on accel. I can't remember the number but I know I gapped my plugs a little wider to help performance from what I hear. I picked up my set of coppers for under $20 shipped and I don't think the stock plugs can be bought that cheap. The only mods I have are listed in my sig. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Rideout

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wat about gapping? i've read anywhere from .54 all the way to .60. is this only with the copper cores? or can i also do that with the stock plug? also, i remember reading that i should stay away from aftermarkets brands like champion, and so on. why so? or does it matter if i'm going copper core, can i get any brand?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I run the motorcraft AZFS22C, most likely the ones you are talking about. I have mine gapped at .35 but im also running 10psi of boost. Truthfully, i wouldnt bother getting anything other than OEM plugs and wires. I believe tom at focus power said he runs stock wires on one with over 300whp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts