Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am highly debating on installing a Viofo A129 dash cam on my 13 Focus SE. To those who installed one on their Foci, which fuses did you use?

I was going to use the fuse box located under the glove box.

I am thinking of installing the red wire (power) to fuse 60 (10A that powers interior light) and the yellow wire (ACC) to fuse 61 (Cigarette lighter and power point). However if there are better options I can use those instead.

Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not a fan of taping in at the fuse(metal tab shoved between fuse and plastic) but thats just me. Radio is pretty dang easy to remove i'd tap in behind it. camera would stay on when radio is on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this thread tapped into fuse 86 (Airbag occupant classification) because it's basically ignition controlled. The power point fuse is on for 30 minutes past when the last door is closed
I was hoping the fuse would be running while the car was in motion... I've been trying to stay away from important fuses like anything related to the airbags.

I've bought a few 5 amp fuses for the dash cam to plug into the fuse tap.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I connected mine to the fuse that controls the rear hatch release. This is always powered, and if for some reason the fuse blows it isn't a big deal to get into the car and replace it. I used a fuse tap with a 2.5 amp fuse for the camera. That being said, I also installed a voltage monitoring device that cuts power to the camera when the battery reaches 12.2v. Now I have a camera that runs while the car is sitting in parking lots and such, but will turn off before the battery is drained. I can get at least a day out of the camera in the summer time. My wife's Explorer gets 3 days out of hers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts