Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is strictly a HP/flow thread, not a sound thread.

Looking at a 2.5" TruBendz Aluminized exhaust system. Options are a Borla 5x8 or a Magnaflow 6x14.

Do we know which effectivly flows better and creates more horsepower? Would it be safe to assume the 5x8 Borla would be lighter than the 6x14 Magnaflow? [???:)]

Thanks!
D

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
There will be no noticable difference in performance between the two as long as they are the same diameter. The only real difference between the two is how they sound, period... It comes down to personal preference. Both are great choices.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I love my Borla

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
My Magnaflow is really nice but I think I am going to switch it out for Borla. Borla had a deeper tone and sounds meaner. When I got my SVT it already had a Magnaflow catback. Like I said tho, it just comes down to what kind of exhaust tone your looking for, performance wise they are pretty much the same...

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You could always straight pipe it.

The cops will really like you then lolz

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The Borla was hands down the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a SVT. You really can't go wrong with either like Gav-O said.
I like the Borla also.^^^^^^^

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Great deal with trubenz, I have there stainless 2.5 inch Magnaflow flex back system. Sounds great but took time to install do to the fitment.[wrenchin] Trust me if you do it your self call a buddy for some help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've got 10 years and 129,000 miles on my Borla system so I guess you could say I like it also. [twothumbs]

·
Registered
814 Posts
There will be no noticable difference in performance between the two as long as they are the same diameter. The only real difference between the two is how they sound, period... It comes down to personal preference. Both are great choices.
^^ This. Had my Borla system for 7 years. Love the deep sound.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I dropped my OEM exhaust and replaced it with an OBX cat(flex)back in just over an hour with hand tools. I had my Borla welded up the right way...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts