Votes: 53 34.2%
  • Other (diamond plate, aluminum, etc.)

Votes: 19 12.3%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm sure you're dying to know why I made such a poll, it's because I currently have carpet floormats with the Ford logo stiched into them, but they're becoming worn. So I'm going out and getting some rubber floormats that will hopefully hold up a little better. So, which do you prefer?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I have carpet ones for summer - fall, then switch to rubber for the messy months....I preffer the carpet though.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree carpet does look better, but I live in a pretty dirty area, which keeps my sexy floormats dirty.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have some deep dish rubber mats for Maine winters. They came with the car, say fOCUS on them, nice enough except they have a ridge that catches my heel when I clutch, which is annoying.

Still, much better for the winter. This spring I got a set of FR front mats for like $30, they look real nice for now, but I vaccuum them weekly to keep them that way and I'm sure they wont look this good for too long. But at $30 and change, I can afford a new set in a year or 2 when they look bad.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
I definitely prefer the look of color matched-carpet, but I'm thinking of getting some deep rubber ones for this winter.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have black rubber Wal Mart floormats that you trim to fit your vehicle using pre-cut lines on the mats themselves. They look way better than the stock carpet, are easy to clean, and protect from spills. I've put the same mats in two cars now. They were $9.00 for all four and have held up perfectly. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I like carpet ones look beter but the idea of rubber for day to day was good

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lil PZEV said:
I have these and Love them! Look of carpet, wintry/nasty stuff trapping ability like the rubber ones.
I'm buying these in gray! I've been looking for something along these lines. And only 65$ for a set of 4!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I am currently rocking the stock floor mats.... No real complaints about them...

I am looking into purchasing some Powdercoated Black Diamond-Plate floormats. Jazz up my interior a little bit....

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I prefer carpet but I think this winter I'm going to go with some good rubber ones. I'm just getting tired of my nice carpet ones getting all muddy!

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
might be a little early for the rubber. carpet summer, rubber fall,winter, spring.

My floormats aren't even stock, just general mats the dealer thru in. Well, 6 months later and they are going bald.

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
I use rubber mats that have the ford logo on them and Im going to start using the stock carpets when I go to shows. The rubber mats are just easier to keep clean and dont get worn as much.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the black diamond plate mats. I think they look great and work real well for me. I live in Cali tho so for East Coast I don't know how well they would work in wintertime.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Carpet. Rubber for winter. If I can find them, I had some nice carpet ones with large groves up top and a rubber backing that kept crap from soaking into the floor, in my Mustang. I now wish I took them out befor selling it! CRAP!

·
Registered
44 Posts
T-V said:
I have black rubber Wal Mart floormats that you trim to fit your vehicle using pre-cut lines on the mats themselves. They look way better than the stock carpet, are easy to clean, and protect from spills. I've put the same mats in two cars now. They were $9.00 for all four and have held up perfectly. I'll post pics later.
Ha, I got those to and love em, real flimsy rubber but stick well to carpet. Also, I didn't have to trim 'em, and they look awesome. I put the carpet ones in the trunk incase I haul anything dirty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im gonna pick up some rubber mats once winter rolls around. Hate to have my precious interior get all gunked up!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts