Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I got my new 2006 zx3 on Saturday and the mod bug has gotten me already. So much for getting it to be my beater car! lol

anyway, I saw the thread about the Stealth CAI and I am trying to figure out which filter to order... I got a reply from GREEN filters and these are my choices of filters with 3 1/4 ID...which would FIT best? I would rather not remove the shroud some were talking about.

Thank you!

"We have two filters with that ID, part # 2411 and 2434.

2411 is 6" Long and is a cone and has a rubber top.

2434 is 4.5" Long and is a cylinder, with a stainless steel cap."

so which one would give the most performance (most surface area) but still fit in there? [?]

·
Registered
496 Posts
The shorter one will fit better in the space you have to work with. I don't think the 6" long one will fit.
I used a "Spectra" filter that was about 5" long and it fit in the space well.
The filter I used has an inverted cone where the metal cap on your is so I got a little more surface area but not much.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, gotcha. so you have LESS than 1 inch of clearance with your 5 inch spectra? I want to get the biggest one possible...and if you've got an inch to play with I think I'll go with the 6 inch; if not... I'll get the 4.5 incher.

anyone have any pics of the "trouble area" when installed?

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ruckmn said:
Also, the price is right.
Go to this thread and read the posts if you haven't already done so:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86667

Later,
Thanks for the info. I had read that thread. I was curious about exact room because I am hesitant to use a "cheap" filter from Pep Boys since I know there is a big difference in quality from one brand of air filter to the next. I know GREEN makes a damn good filter, in many ways better than brands like K&N and I would prefer to use a filter I personally know and trust.

Thanks for the info though, I'll look into this [:)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lumadar,
Your concern for a top quality filter is understandable. I suggest the S&B, a quality filter that I and many other Viper owners use on their Vipers. The filters have Dyno tested more HP/Torque than K&N, and are a preferred filter. I did not get this one for the Focus, but the one I did get (as mentioned earlier seems to be a direct rip off). The Ebay site below has them at a good price.

If you look at this site, get the 4th, 5th, or 6th one down in the right hand column of pictured filters.

http://stores.ebay.com/Verocious-Motorsports_Air-Filters_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ15QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Later,

·
Registered
496 Posts
Look at the 5th photo down the line in the How-to. You might be able to fit a 6" long filter in there, but I think it is going to touch the plastic piece below.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts