Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
From those choices, I would go with the 2002 grill to match the SVT lower grill. I seen the RS grill with the SVT lower grill and that was hot.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kamui said:
From those choices, I would go with the 2002 grill to match the SVT lower grill. I seen the RS grill with the SVT lower grill and that was hot.

Where can you buy the RS grille?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
which ever one you like the most

·
Registered
254 Posts
maybe these will help your decision

The setting sun gave it a weird glow, but you get the idea about the grille. Sorry for the plate, if you don't have to run a front plate, the look is entirely different - I prefer no plate but alas, it came with the front plate holder and now that I'm in NY, I need it anyway.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
yeah NY laws suck, onebluemcm ic your in ithaca that cool i flew over ithaca the other day in my cesena 172 im around rochester

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onebluemcm - thanks for the pics, looks great. Is that the 2002 Euro Grille, which has the larger diamond pattern?

Since you have the HIDs, did you have to do anything with the parking lights that were in the old grille, other than just remove them?

thanks again

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Hillaryd has that grill, and he actually had the outter rim around the grill painted to match...looks pretty sick.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks guys. The upper is the 2002 Grille I believe - year wise, I'm not 100% sure what it is but it is the one with the larger diamond pattern - the $89 one from CFM as mentioned before.

As for the turn signals that are no longer there, I just pulled the bulbs and tucked the harnesses under the bumper - turns out there is other wiring there that holds them up out of harms way - and the condenser - nicely. I think because, in the stock condition, there are three turn signals on each side (HID equiped that is), removing the bulb from the original grill signals does NOT result in a fast blinking signal.

The lower grill is stock. Hillaryd's grill does look pretty good and unique to boot with the outer surround color-matched. I considered it, but I have never done good paint work and don't have time to learn it, so, rather than F-up a $90 grille, I left well enough alone.

focusman6297 - Cool to hear you're local - somewhat. I know of two other fSVT owners in Ithaca - a yellow Euro and a Red '04 - but I've never really met the guys that drive them. I have to say, flying over the finger lakes has got to be a sight to see. [thumb]

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok....the top is the 2002 Euro, and the bottom is your stock, SVT grille? I'm coming from a non-SVT (but now have the HIDs) so I'm probably looking at both top and bottom grilles to match and have no turn signals.

onebluemcm said:
Thanks guys. The upper is the 2002 Grille I believe - year wise, I'm not 100% sure what it is but it is the one with the larger diamond pattern - the $89 one from CFM as mentioned before.

The lower grill is stock. Hillaryd's grill does look pretty good and unique to boot with the outer surround color-matched. I considered it, but I have never done good paint work and don't have time to learn it, so, rather than F-up a $90 grille, I left well enough alone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
All I can tell ya is on the SVT side, if you do not want upper turn signals in the grille, there currently is no option or combination of upper and lower grilles that will match exactly. On the Non-svt side, I think there may be matching upper and lower grilles with the upper not having turn signals. You'll have to check around on that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Uh oh...time to show my ignorance. Is there a difference between the fitment of the grilles between the SVT and non-SVT? I thought while the bumpers were different, they still used a common grille size?

So....if I buy something to fit my non-SVT bumper and come upon a nice wrecked SVT and salvage the bumper....I'll need to throw away my upgrades and start buying new stuff?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think upper grilles are cross compatible. The lowers have a totally different shape because of the design of the fog light locations. Check out the photo gallery - that is probably the best way to get an idea of what the differences look like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possible to remove the Ford emblem from that grille? Or are there grilles out there that don't have the Ford emblem that I just can't find?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts