Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I am new to the world of cars....sort of. I have a 2005 ZX4 Focus with the automatic transmission. This is my first real car so it's my first real experience with buyng new parts. I really need someone to tell me Which of the 3 engines my cars has so I can buy the right parts for it!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
post up the 8th digit on your car's VIN # and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
No, most definately. Only the ST 05+ has the 2.3 Duratec. So you have a 2.0 Duratec.. or D20 as it's called.

So, unless you've done an engine swap, you definately have the 2.0 Duratec.

You can tell it's not an ST due to the automatic.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the 2.0 Duratec the same thing as the SPI or did Ford not put the SPI in the '05?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay guys this is some great info! Just one more thing...Is the 2.0 Duratec a DOHC or SOHC engine?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think all the Duratecs are DOHC

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yup, DOHC. Ford hasn't used the SPi engine in quite a while on any Foci. I'm not sure when the last year for it was, 2002 maybe?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
By the way welcome to the fourm. Pretty much any question you could ever ask could be answered here when it comes to your focus. So feel free to ask

Logan

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot everybody. Now if I ever have any other questions, I know where to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts