Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any? I was searching around on the net looking for motors I found a place that has several DOHC focus motors from 2000 to 2003. Some are pulled tested and will come with a warranty, ranging from 39k to 160K miles. It's less than a hour drive too.

9 of these from 2000 to 2003 ($378-$650)
(2.0L), VIN 3 (8th digit, DOHC), intake ID 988F- smooth seam runner

6 of these ranging from 2000 to 2003 ($400-$650)
(2.0L), VIN 3 (8th digit, DOHC), intake ID WS4E- raised seam runner

NO SVT but they said they can get em in.
(2.0L), VIN 5 (8th digit, SVT, DOHC)

If no SVT is available which is a better buy?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the difference from the first 2 is the intake manifold. the "smooth seam runner" i think is considered the 2k mani.(only on early 00 zetecs) supposed to be 2-3hp and tq more then the cheaper sandwhich style mani used from later 00-04.

as for better buy.. lowest mileage with the longer warranty.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The smooth seam runner is a better intake, but be aware that if it is pre-2001 and doesn't come with an ECU you're going to have some rewiring on your hands.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
The smooth seam runner is a better intake, but be aware that if it is pre-2001 and doesn't come with an ECU you're going to have some rewiring on your hands.
Well he has a 2002, so he's in the clear, but I'm assuming he has an SPI.

Most of the rewiring has to do with the airbags.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who needs air bags LOL? Yes I have a SPI, I'm not really sure what all comes with the motor. I'll half to drive down and look at em. I might just half to wait for a wrecked hatch back. Being I need tranny, ECU, and harness. At least I believe that's all I need.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
How many miles do you expect out of an engine?

Say it's 200k

Subtract the miles of the replacement engine (50k).

Then divide the result (150k) by the cost of the replacement engine ($500) to figure out

how many miles you'll get for each $ you spend (in this case 300 miles per dollar)

The higher the miles per $ the better..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts