Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying the new 15 Focus and I just want some advise on which color to go for. I want something that looks expensive. Is the new tectonic metallic a nice color to get or should I stick with Black, White or Gray?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
If they're still doing the Ingot Silver Metallic that's a good choice. It doesn't show dirt nearly as well as most other colors.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
If they're still doing the Ingot Silver Metallic that's a good choice. It doesn't show dirt nearly as well as most other colors.
^this.

My car never looks clean (up close) for more than 24 hours. [:(] If you want the car to look clean all of the time, avoid dark colors.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Race Red! I swear I'm not biased.... lol. In all honesty though White looks great and Race Red is one of my favorites regardless. Especially if you get the appearance package on the new ones..

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I love my tuxedo black. Its a nice color black at night, but when the sun catches it in the daytime it looks phenomenal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Such a boring selection of colors. I was really frustrated when I was preparing to get mine. Decided on white.

Really weird but the shape/design of this car allows dirt to accumulate on various edges on the sides of the car and especially on the back.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sterling Gray Metallic is nice, but it looks really dull and 1990s when it's overcast. Color pops in sunlight or under LED lighting, though, so it more than makes up for it.

I would say a deeper red color would look more upscale if that's the look you're wanting.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Well you should get a color you like.
Some considerations can be:
For lots of sun: White is best. If you live in Southern California, or Florida, then a White car really can make a big difference on the interior being cooler.. far cooler than any darker color.

If you drive fast: a car which is just like all the other cars.. Then any grey scale car. No red, no bright color..

If you DO want to stand out. Then a red car. Or if buying a ST, the Tangerine Scream. Plus can you find YOUR car in a shopping mall lot? If your car is the same color as 60% of the rest?

For Winter with snow climate: black looks like Hell when dirty, so does White. Yellow the worst of all. If you really keep your car super clean, even in Winter, those colors will stand out when all the other cars are full of dirt.

For car repairs, plain colors are much better than tricoat metallic for repainting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you should get a color you like.
Some considerations can be:
For lots of sun: White is best. If you live in Southern California, or Florida, then a White car really can make a big difference on the interior being cooler.. far cooler than any darker color.

If you drive fast: a car which is just like all the other cars.. Then any grey scale car. No red, no bright color..

If you DO want to stand out. Then a red car. Or if buying a ST, the Tangerine Scream. Plus can you find YOUR car in a shopping mall lot? If your car is the same color as 60% of the rest?

For Winter with snow climate: black looks like Hell when dirty, so does White. Yellow the worst of all. If you really keep your car super clean, even in Winter, those colors will stand out when all the other cars are full of dirt.

For car repairs, plain colors are much better than tricoat metallic for repainting.
That's true. If my car gets scratched for any reason it might be hard to find someone to match that paint exactly. That would be my only real concern.

·
Registered
763 Posts
^this.

My car never looks clean (up close) for more than 24 hours. [:(] If you want the car to look clean all of the time, avoid dark colors.
Get you some Rokblokz. Makes a world of difference. My car hasn't been washed in over a week and it only started to look dirty today. No five o'clock dirt shadow on the bottom quarter panels two days after you spent the time and money cleaning it.

To the OP go for your favorite color. I wanted the candy blue but they didn't have one equipped the way I wanted it within 400 miles so I went with Tuxedo Black. I love the color now even bought a ST in the same color.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Black, silver, or a red,,,,

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've never bought a new car, and barring winning the lottery, it's fairly unlikely I ever will.
That said, if I DID buy new, you can bet I'd say phooey on practicality and buy the color that makes my heart pitter pat ;)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I've never bought a new car, and barring winning the lottery, it's fairly unlikely I ever will.
That said, if I DID buy new, you can bet I'd say phooey on practicality and buy the color that makes my heart pitter pat ;)
This^^^^ all about choice's as well as used car colors,,,,

·
Registered
181 Posts
White is pretty low maintenance so to speak. When it gets dirty it just looks a different shade. I like the contrast with all the black trim too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts