Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a cold air intake, my short rams not cutting it anymore. Its 110+ degrees daily where i live and the short ram is reducing my power if anything. Only thing is im either lookign used, or for a no namer off ebay because i have a crappy job, and am working on a 60 dollar or so budget. Would one like the one in the link im posting on ebay work as well pretty much as a aem, volant, k&n? Please lmk, or if u have one u wanna help me out with and sell cheap lmk as well thanks guys :)
Oh and also are they really as hard to install as people say? my front end on my car is stock if that helps.
heres the intake
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_6751wt_1030

·
Registered
357 Posts
make your own :)

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Then you're not really poor, lol.

Honestly stock is about the best so long as you have a quality filter in it. And it's certainly better than anything on ebay.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I have to disagree, I felt significant gains from my ebay cold air intake, and it sounded great, quality was up to par (nothing ever broke on it) and it never threw a check engine light. 50 bucks.

I would install a better air filter on it, the quality of that isn't the best.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'm trying to save the kid some money here.
There is zero proof that a CAI makes more power than stock ... other than advertising numbers. If you know of some proof please do post it up.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I have no dyno numbers, but I did race an identical focus that was bone stock, with much less miles (I had 110k he had around 80k) both automatic, both vehicles near identical weight (he weighs probably 40 pounds more than me) and I beat him in a 1/4 mile drag by half a car length. It does make more power.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts