Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a need of a battery soon. So, my question is what should I get? I figure I should just end up going with the OEM one.

Other than that I am pretty much lost on this. I don't need a pricey one but, not a budget one either.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd go Sears. I like die-hards, but Sears has a size chart. I am sure most auto stores have'm to. But it's about cold cranking amps and size. So get the right one! P.S. dont buy autozone's In my exp it lasted until the warranty was over, 1 YR!!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart and get one. When the 2 year free replacement warranty is fixing to run out, take it back to them to get another one. Sometimes they test it, sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Svtzx555 said:
Go to Wal-Mart and get one. When the 2 year free replacement warranty is fixing to run out, take it back to them to get another one. Sometimes they test it, sometimes they don't.
I was seriously considering this[:D]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^was gonna say try optima redd top, and yea wally's batters are free for life of car [:D]

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just replaced mine... dont know if you have an advance auto parts there but i got it for 70 dollars after the core refund and it has a 3 year replacement on the battery... cant go wrong there...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
someone wrote this on another board to me

Remember that the battery in the Focus is like those in a lot of VW's in where the terminals are located on the battery. For example an normal Optima will not fir properly without extending the length of the battery cables.
But, looking at the battery (Optima) it seems to have the post in the same or similiar spot.. Do I need to charge it before I install it or can I just plug and play while the alternator tops it off?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To late I had to pick up a battery ASAP before I get my alternator replaced tomorrow.. Its been a few days of problem solving. Right now I picked up a energizer battery. I'll return it if I don't like it and buy an optima but, I already returned the optima b/c the negative cable wasn't long enough and I didn't want to bother doing anything else to it at the time.

edit: thanks for the link. To bad no yellow optima was there for me to pick up for plug and play

1 - 14 of 14 Posts