Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 ZX3 2.3L and i was wanting to put a supercharger or turbo in it and i was wondering which brands you would recomend and which one u think i shout do... Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
teh only option at this moment is the Focus Sport Turbo kit, unless you want to have a custom kit made.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think he is saying you can't get a supercharger specifically for the 2.3, since no one has designed one as of yet, and the only known turbo 'kit' designed for the 2.3 is the one he mentioned.

So you have a choice of going with the pre-designed set-up from FocusSport, or you can try to fabricate a set-up not meant for your motor using the trial and error method.

·
Registered
343 Posts
WAIT! HiBoost.com is releasing a turbo kit also, they've been boosting mazda 3's for a long time now, I'd hold off a lil bit and see what they have to offer.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
the hiboost kit is already available, a few people on fj have them, options for the 2.3 are limited right now but FS and hiboost have turbo kits.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
BlackNRed01 said:
the hiboost kit is already available, a few people on fj have them, options for the 2.3 are limited right now but FS and hiboost have turbo kits.
Correct.

Focus Sport: Internal wastegate, non-intercooled, soon to have intercooler available in stage 2, Stage 1=$3k Stage 2 has been estimated to be no less than $800 by FS.

HiBoost: External wastegate, intercooled, $4k

Here's a thread that was started to compare the two kits in the Duratec Forum : Click It not Ticket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts