Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I currently have one infinity kappa 12.1D and I am going to buying another one because I like it soo much, but I dont know which amp to buy, I am looking at the Boss PD-1000, because of the fact that it is stable at 1 ohm, and its rms is like around 600 or 700, but does anyone have any suggestions? Here at the stats on the subs

350 RMS
1400 max
Dual 4 ohm voice coil

but remember I will have 2

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I have a high-end Arc Audio 2500XXK for 1,080w actual benched power at 4 ohms bridged.

You can wire 2 dual 4 ohm subs for a final 4 ohm load.

This is a thousand dollar amp, that was lightly used. I'll let it go for $440 including shipping, insurance, and paypal fees. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you pics.

You won't find a better amp, especially at this price!
Tons of headroom and extra power. This will wake your Infinity subs up and will have great control for SQ.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take it, everything in working condition I assume, right?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Cool man. This is one kickass amp. I had planned to use it in an active setup, but my system plans changed.

I just sent you an email and a photo of the amp internals.

Robert

·
Registered
302 Posts
20ZTS00,

Just to let you know that Robert (FocusInCali) is a trustworthy person. I have met him personally, all but only once, and purchased a couple of amps off him myself.

The ARC amp he's selling you is sure to be in good working order, and I would imagine well cared for externally too.

However, I recommend that you install the amp as soon as you get it, as he'll take every opportunity to rag on you if you don't!!! [;)] The amps I bought off him (TRU Technology) are still boxed and on the shelf [:I] and he's still making fun of me [:D].

He had to rub things in as well by buying the HU I've yearned for! Then again, with his turn around of setups, it'll be mine one day soon! [:)~]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Thanks Shane.

Haha, in your dreams buddy. The DRZ is staying right where it's at. [:D]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, thanks, that helps alot, not that I was ever doubting his integrity, but just to hear that he has a good reputation makes me feel more at ease, and hey, I think I may have found a buyer for that other amp, maybe, I will let you know

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey I have 8 gauge wire run right now, would that be enought for this amp, or should I rerun 4? I am running a cap. so could I just run 8 to the camp, and then 4 to the amp? I really dont want to rerun wire, so I hope that this will work.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ditto

And, if you plan on adding another amp later, then you might as well run 1/0 gauge, then split off to 4ga for each amp, from a distribution block.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think this amp will be enough for me, and hey I just started having a problem with my trunk, it wont release, they electrical is fine, cause I can hear it try to release when I push the button, and the key wont open it either, I think I am just going to take it to the dealer on monday, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
seems like the latch itself, or maybe you got something stuck in it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it was the latch motor and the latch, 180 to repair, Damnit!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
20ZTS00 said:
it was the latch motor and the latch, 180 to repair, Damnit!!!!!
Same thing happened to me. I got a used one from Focus Salvage , 30 bucks...shipped. Get a flat head screw driver in between the latches and pry them apart, grease up the new one, and your good to go. Oh, one problem.... the used one doesn't come with a key cylinder in it. I just filled it with silicon because i never use my key anyways, but i'm sure any locksmith can put a new cylinder in there for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts