Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought my 2000 ZX3 about 5 days ago, and I was reaching to adjust my steering wheel, and underneath the wheel, it feels like the lever has been tore out. I also found this little black thing in the glove comp. that looks like it may have something to do with it. Does everyone else have a tilt wheel or is this normal?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Tilt-wheel was an availible on most, but not all. But if you have the handle, then I guess the previous owner broke it.

The lever should pull down and forward I think. I think it also had a rubbery feel to it.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
No that isn't normal. The lever must have broken off cause that would probably explain the piece in yoru glove compartment. It's directly under the steering wheel built into the base. You might be able to use a screwdriver to jam in there to replace the broken lever and maybe be able to adjust it at least so it's in a good/better place for you. Sounds like something broke....

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i had a 2001 focus se and it didnt have tilt. it did have the space for where it should go but it didnt come with it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 04 focus sedan and every time I get in my legs hit the wheel and I don’t think there’s a adjuster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts