Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let me start by saying I know nothing at all about modding newer vehicles. I come from a long line of V-8, muscle car crazed, gear heads.

Let me follow that by saying that I have a 2003 Focus ZTW (yes, that's the wagon) and have absolutely no idea where to start modding the thing. I just want to play right now. I have no real intentions of getting deep into this, but would like to get a little more power out of it.

Are there any good threads out there with info for the clueless newbies like me or does anyone have any good, solid advice as to which part I should replace first?

I want the most bang for my buck. Who knows, anything can happen right?[8]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
You could do a nice Exhaust system, 65mm Throttle Body, Intake system, ans some good Suspension mods and still not be too deep into it. Check out the Newbie section and there are plenty of links.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
There's nuttin wrong with the ZTW's. There are a few user's on here that have them.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hotrodwagon has a very nicely done ZTW. Hit him up for some good info.

As far as power mods go, you wanna start with the basics. Like an intake and a throttle body.
If you want to stay emmissions legal then a shorty style exhaust header and a hi flow cat are great. Then throw in a flexpipe and a cat back exhaust and you are on your way.

The focus exhaust is made up of 4 parts:
Manifold--catalytic converter--flexpipe--cat back

You can also get an underdrive pulley, which is both a light weight piece and takes away parasitic drag on the engine.

Btw do you have a manual or automatic trans?

Here check out they have great prices and awesome knowledgeable service:

www.mcnewsautomotive.com

Feel free to PM me and I will help you out with specifics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!! Unfortunately it has an automatic transmission. When we purchased the car, I was just thinking of it as a small, economical family car. Now my wife has a new car and I get to play all I want with this one.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
380 Posts
suspension is good, eibach, they did it in focus fanatic on there pygmi herse ( i cant spell) and exhaust and intake are a good place to start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.