Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought subs and amp, and i got an loc to hook up to my stock hu too. I have to run the wire to the battery but i cant find a spot under the dash where is it especifically?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I used the same hole as my hood release cable. Pulled the gromet out and there is plenty of room for 4ga wire and then just sealed it up with some kinda of sealant...been fine since I owned the car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well if you have an atx, drill a hole through where the clutch pedal would be at...you should be able to locate a fairly good spot on both sides of the firewall around that area to do so. If you have a MTX, just to the left of the steering column where the white plastic piece where it goes through the firewall drill a hole there, thats where i put mine and alot of people do theirs and have no problems..

for a good ground i went under the rear seats...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Never thought of running throught the hood latch, but I drilled behind where the air filter is, easy to run to under the hood, and comes real close to the HU... after that run to wherever

·
Registered
409 Posts
i drilled behind my brake pedal just make sure you measure right because your steering column comes out through the firewall and is close to the hole i drilled.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have pics of where these holes are and hoe to get to them? because i can find them.
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts