Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that FAQ's about where to run the power wire running from the battery to the amp in the back but, i don't know if that works for my car since you use the clutch plate, and i didn't know if i could use that since i have a clutch in my car. Do i still use that? or do i have to find a differn't spot

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a White Plastic Funnel looking thing, on the engine side of the firewall that goes into where the pedals are.. i managed to get my power wire through without any drilling

it was actually one of the easiest to install of all the cars i have done...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I had no problems finding a spot to drill, then again i do this stuff 40+ hours a week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
even though i don't have a manual i would like to add something. i didn't really drill any holes in my car. i will have to get some pics of how i ran it. it was pretty genius i suppose. the wire does not go in the interior at all except for in the hatch area. the wire goes under the car through some holes over the heat shield and through the second rubber gromet in the hatch. i will post pics of it if i can find my digital camera.

·
Registered
563 Posts
scorpion619 said:
even though i don't have a manual i would like to add something. i didn't really drill any holes in my car. i will have to get some pics of how i ran it. it was pretty genius i suppose. the wire does not go in the interior at all except for in the hatch area. the wire goes under the car through some holes over the heat shield and through the second rubber gromet in the hatch. i will post pics of it if i can find my digital camera.
That's generally not a good idea. You never want the wire to exposed to the elements or to anything that could damage it. It is running electricity, ya know ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's not really exposed to anything. it might be exposed in a few spots, but it still would be exposed if i drilled a hole in the car. plus, if i decided to sell the car, more unlikely not but if, i could remove the wire without much hassle and not leaving a nasty hole in the car. another thing is i don't have to remove carpet and run it in there and under the seat and into the hatch. we also did this in a 2000 toyota celica, and it works great and it has been in there for over a year no problems. i am just stating my opinion so you don't have to drill any holes in these beautiful cars. also i have a question, should i get a bigger amp to push two 4 ohm kicker comp vr 12's. right now i have a jbl 600.1. it pushes them, but would it be a good idea to get maybe a jbl 1200.1 or something over 600 watts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts