Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Ford Dealer tells me the only safe place to jack up my 2013 Focus is the four places designated for the tire jack. Obviously, if I jack it up at the two front locations, I can't put a jackstand in the same spots. And I won't get under the car with it up on jacks...! There is NOT enough room to put a jackstand next to the jacks, when they are installed in the designated (tire jack) locations.

I expect there's at least one other place on each side that would support the vehicle on jackstands, but where would I find that information...? Certainly is no mention of it in the owners manual.

Any help much appreciated...!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just put a rag on the head of the jack stand to cushion it a little and place the jack stands under the control arm joints (they look like big black soda cans).

For the rear, you can place two jack stands under the the cross member where the control arms attach. You can also jack from this location but only if you use a piece of 2x4 to distribute the load.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
I can fit the floor jack and a good jack stand in both locations. No issues.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I just put a rag on the head of the jack stand to cushion it a little and place the jack stands under the control arm joints (they look like big black soda cans).

For the rear, you can place two jack stands under the the cross member where the control arms attach. You can also jack from this location but only if you use a piece of 2x4 to distribute the load.
Here in Canada... a hockey puck also work [:D]

It can also be used for the rocker panels

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where to put jackstands...

Thanks to all...! Just what I needed. The control arm joints looked convenient, but I was hesitant to use them because they don't normally support the weight of the car... so was not sure they were strong enough. Seems you guys have verified they are.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Some jack the whole front end by lifting at the cross beam, right at the rear motor mount attachment area.

Lift there & you can use the side jacking points for jack stands.

Same way at the rear, as someone mentioned a block is needed to safely lift at the rear center portion of the subframe.

Hockey pucks make VERY nice pads for jacks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts