Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so my engine in my svt is dead, tranny is still good. I might as well get it out of the way and tell you the embarassing way it happened. Ive never owned an SVT and foolishly mistook the oil pressure gauge for the oil level gauge. Although I topped the oil(synth) off 2 months ago, i negated to check the level since because the "gauge" was always mid way, my mistake.

-Wheres a good place to find an SVT replacement engine?

-I was considering a cougar engine even, as I remember, they use the same tranny, i just need the wiring harness?

I dont want any flaming about this, i know im dumb, just Gimme your input on either

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
PM NJSVTGUY he has tons of SVT engines, he runs a salvage yard

PS Don't get a cougar engine, they do not use the same tranny and that would be weak sauce to do that to an SVT

Good luck

·
Registered
329 Posts
WOW um yeah just dont do that again with your new motor [bigcry] but yeah njsvt can probably get you a good deal on a slightly used svt motor.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have any other sources for finding an engine? perhaps more locally? Ive already tried ebay.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
if your gona do the install yourself let me know Ill lend a hand!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer pumpkin, im pretty broke so if my options force me to, I will be doing it myself, and will definitely need your expertise. Thanks for the car link, it gave me these options for my engine:

DOHC, 2.0L (4-121), (VIN 3); intake manifold ID WS4E-
DOHC, 2.0L (4-121), (VIN 3); intake manifold ID 988F-
DOHC, 2.0L (4-121), (VIN 5)

which is SVT if any?

NJ hasnt responded to my messages yet :-/

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
why dont u call focus sport and see how much a rebuild would cost? is the block still good? cuz it may not cost as much as a full motor

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
if your gona do the install yourself let me know Ill lend a hand!
Me too. I'd like to get some experience pulling/installing an engine in the focus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts