Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into an accident last week in my zx5. The woman who hit me ripped off my front bumper, upper grille, smashed my drivers side headlight and fender. I figured since I'm going to need a new front bumper and grille I'd like to go with the svt ones but after numerous searches online I can't find either one. Does anyone know where I can pick these up for a good price?

thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
check out tousley ford

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Here. They don't make them anymore so keep an eye out. There is a brand new one on Ebay right now for like $400.

I'm also looking for one, but I'm looking for a damaged one.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Here. They don't make them anymore so keep an eye out. There is a brand new one on Ebay right now for like $400.

I'm also looking for one, but I'm looking for a damaged one.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6898

There is the front bumper sold directly from ford. Yes they still make them, You can also get the rear from them.

They never really stop making the parts. They may not produce all the Saleen focus body kits but i tracked down the molds which are used to make them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
having issues accessing tousley fords site, I checked ford racing and found the bumpers but can't find the svt upper grille.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just call Steve at Tousley. The parts website is okay, but he has other options on the bumper. They offer a "kit" that has the bumper, foglights, and grills included which will save you some cash.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Goodluck with the car dude!

·
Registered
227 Posts
yes you can get it from steve tousley,but very pricey new,you can usually find them cheaper if they are use.you will need to get it painted though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Last time I bought one (and yes it's been a couple years) it really wasn't that pricey from Tousley - maybe $350 and that included fogs which are $50 / each, the lower lip which is $100, and the lower grill.

My experience buying used bumpers is "don't.". Unless you can see it in person, people seem to describe beat up bumpers as "excellent condition" because they know they can be repaired and painted. Deep scratches, broken mounting points, and cracks all cost money to repair unless you are going to do it yourself. Body shop labor is not cheap.

If you buy a new bumper from Ford for $350, basically they wipe it down, prep it and paint it. If you buy a used bumper and they spend 3 hours repairing it, then you just spent more than that new bumper cost.

PLUS - it seems a lot of used bumpers have been sitting in the garage or attic, or standing up in a corner, or whatever and may have waves or ripples in them after you get them installed.

IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts