Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my plan. I want to remove or shave down that middle horizontal bar in the lower opening of my 07's front bumper, and cover the whole opening in some black diamond-pattern plastic grille, like the upper grille. I -might- even see if I can fabricate a convincing-looking chrome bezel. I think that would give a mean look to the fofo, without having to mess with a body kit.

Although I may take it one step farther with a lip... [:D]

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
So, are you asking where you can find plastic diamond pattern material simialr to the upper grille?
If so, I'm not sure where you can find something like that, other than perhaps collecting enough stock grills to cut apart for material. It's not something you're going to find "on the shelf" anyplace I can think of.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no place that sells fabrication stock? This stuff has to be available from somewhere...

I don't need it to be identical to the OEM grille, it can fly if it's just similar...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
at HomeDepot they sell something simialar to the pattern of the focus grill..it's used to keep birds out of your gutters but it can be used for this purpose...i also think that it is pretty close to being the right width...go check it out man!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I bought my grille on ebay:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, CaptCurt, but re-read my post. =)

I'll check out the home depot stuff. Rep if I find it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts