Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all-

so, if you've been following my posts, you know i just finished dropping the ride. looks great! (pics soon) anywho, while taking off the wheels i noticed that the firesquats are about toast (18K and regularly rotated, but they look like ass!). my plan had been to put some 17s on it next summer, but i don't know if they're gonna last that long. i've already talked to the parents, and they're willing to pick up some of the cost and write it off as my x-mas gift. so here's a couple questions i have:

1) i REALLY like the look of a simple fat 5-spoke rim. it just looks SO good on our cars IMO. doubt me? take a look at the RS....nuff said. not really into the ones that have the "bead lock" looking things around the edges. the simpler the better IMO. so far, i've found the Motegi RT5s, the Racing Hart GT5s, and the Ford Racing 5-spokes. anybody know any other rim that might fit the bill? looking to keep the cost to about $150 a rim.

2) i've been looking through the magazines and see a bunch of rim names i'm not familiar with, mainly bc i don't know squat about rims! i know OZ, Racing Hart, and Konig are good, but who else? what about Motegi? what are some brands i should stay away from?

any other advice i should know in general would be appreciated. whoaizmyflow, if you can find me something that fits what i'm looking for, i'm listening! (probably won't be looking to buy til around xmas time, though)

Mike

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
1) there's a Rage wheel (www.tires.com) that is pretty simple 5-spoke. also check with Sport Edition wheels (www.tirerack.com) as they have one about the same. those should fit the bill.

2) generally, you pay for what you get. that's not always the case, as with the ones i mentioned above (Rage and Sport Edition) are inexpensive but still great wheels nonetheless. there are a lot of "up and coming" wheel companies that are appearing all over the place. just ask around for other's opinions on a certain wheel and you should be set. to answer your question about Motegi, they are made by American Racing, a company that has years of good reputation. so you're pretty good to go with those.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn! i just did a search and found that both the Racing Hart and the Motegi don't come in 4x108! why?! WHY?! i even found a price on a wheel and tire combo for the RT5s that had me ready to whip out the credit card right now. oh well.

thanks for the tip scrion. i'll be sure to check those guys out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ ADR wheels are pretty damn good. so that's a good buy on ebay.

as for RS wheels... they're made by OZ, so get in touch with them and see what you can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Goldenapple, which makes the ADR line, carries the RS Limited line also if the OZ ones aren't the exact one you where looing for.

Goldenapple imports some pretty good wheels from Asia, I picked up a set of their RS Limited Tramas (spilt 6 spoke) and a set of 215-45-17 Goodyear Eagle DS-G3s for under $700 (got me some mad connections in the tire business [:D] )

http://www.adrwheels.com
http://www.rslwheels.com

·
Registered
511 Posts

When you want me, just says......"CRYPT KEEPER, CRYPT KEEPER, CRYPT KEEPER!"

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most definetely man. but seriously, who do i have to kill to get the XIs in our bolt pattern?

Mike

·
Registered
877 Posts
whoaizmyflow- who makes those wheels you posted?!

Thanks, Shawn

·
Registered
511 Posts
Shawn,

Rev Wheels make them. www.revwheels.com. I sell them so if you want a set send me a PM. It's my goal that all Focus drivers own Rev Wheels.

·
Registered
511 Posts
No, not at this time. Model II is basically the same except for like 2 additional spokes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts