Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for over an hour looking for a place to buy a stock replacement SVT flex pipe. I found one at CFM but I am NOT paying $340! Anyone know if O'Reillys or AutoZone would have it? I looked online at AutoZone and O'Reillys but no luck! Anyway any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Nick

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. You have multiple options HERE from mandrelexhaustsystems.com

The stock size is 2.25" though most folks upgrade to the 2.5" which will bolt on just fine. Any bigger than that and it will have fitment issues if the other parts of the exhaust aren't the same size.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I actually have the 2.5 from Mandrel on there now. The outer braided/weaved material is falling off. the metal underneath looks good still. Could I just wrap it?

I was looking for a local place to buy because I got pulled over for "amplified exhaust" today! It has been way quieter for the last year and a half after I put the catalytic converter instead of ORP and haven't had a problem until today. I kind of wanted a receipt from a parts store to show as more proof I fixed it.

I also planned on putting the stock resonator mid pipe because honestly it has been a little loud to me lately. I must be getting old!

I have a fix it ticket I need signed and returned in 14 days and I want the best chance to get a cops signature on it

Thanks again
-Nick

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Oh well damn that sucks. Check out the BST area you might find another stock one there?

Maybe try putting a hose clamp on it to hold it together?

I feel ya on the exhaust noise, the SVT is pretty loud even with the stock exhaust when you put an off road pipe on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it sucks! I have the stock header and catalytic converter and it's 2.5 stainless from Mandrel the rest of the way. Just a straight mid pipe no resonator and then muffler in front of rear wheels. I can't imagine how loud it would be with just a catalytic converter!

I think I will just get some exhaust wrap for the flex pipe and put the stock resonator mid pipe back on and hope for the best when getting the fix it ticket signed. I don't see how any cop would know what the stock exhaust looks like on every single car on the road anyway.

What's really odd is the state trooper said it has nothing to do with how loud it is just that EVERYTHING has to be STOCK. I told her I had a cop put a decibel meter to my car back when I had the ORP on and she just shook her head. I don't know, pain in the ass is all I can say.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
The stock cat actually quiets it down a lot, that's why they get so loud when you just take the cat off with the stock exhaust. As far as cops go you probably won't have any luck there. All depends what mood the cop is in and if he's an A hole or not. Good luck with your fix it ticket, hopefully they won't give you much trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts