Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering where a good place to look for either new or used engines. im guessing auto auctions or something like that, but ive never seen one around and I cant seem to find any with a website... any other ideas?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, looks like focus-salvage has a D23 block that should drop right in. Might be cheaper to shop around town, though. Shipping on that would be a bitch. Check the phone book and call around and find a salvage yard that specializes in Fords. If they don't have it they can probably get it.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I called around where I live includeing houston and Focus-Salvage was ether the same price (but with alot lower milage motor) or was cheaper. But it never hurts to shop around. So I came out ahead by getting it from F-S instead of from a local place maybe you will have the same luck. Well good luck hope you find a good one. I have put a little over 20,000 mi on the motor I got. My car is about to hit the 110,000mi and the motor I got had a little under 50,000. I have had no problems with the motor itself just the normal focus problems that everybody else has.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, so seems like focus salvage is a good place to start. ill shop around any other salvage yards i can find around here. most likely I wont be able to get one any time soon because im moving into a new appartment and they only have a dirt driveway, no garage or anything to keep it in. where do all you guys keep an engine long term to work on it? then again most people probably just have a garage hu.....thanks for the info guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts