Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start modding my ZX3, but I don't know where to start. Does any one have any suggestions, or where did you begin in modding your car?[wrenchin]

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
What do you want out of your car?

Do you want something fast, something pretty, or both?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
next question, what is ur budget???

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, maybe SVT body kit, but thats about it. to make the car go fast, you need to drop about 1k+ for just boltons. but its hard to say. 300-500 isn't alot for these cars. you can see if you can find a cheap Ford Racing head as well.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Full exhaust - SVT header/flex, 2.5" flex back
Cams - Crane/Comp stage 2 or higher
Tune - you can do your own research on who to go with
Suspension - SVT struts/shocks and springs are a decent cheap upgrade

That alone runs around $1,500 for new parts and should get you around the mid 130 to 140 wheel HP mark for a manual trans car. It'll make a fun little car that you should be pretty happy with for a while.
Anything more will cost more, like the FR cylinder head or pistons/rods.

Set a goal and work towards it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome thank yout that helps a whole lot. I have something to work for instead of shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally if you want to go fast I would just save your money to go Turbo, you would be better off I mean with 1500 your already off to a good start for a turbo kit, just keep saving, its worth the wait!

Go big or go home!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
he's got about 500, not 1500. along ways from boost!

·
Registered
33 Posts
he's got about 500, not 1500. along ways from boost!
yeah I know thats why i said SAVE UP! but trust me Ive done this to 3 different cars, I started modding them thinking, "ill just do some small N/A mods" and Every single time I eventually went turbo b.c i wanted more power, I wasted alot of money on N/A parts when i didnt need to. [facepalm]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can just go straight turbo with out doing anything else to your car?

Also where can I get an SVT header kit I have seen some other forums talking about it, but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very nice! Now I don't know where to start haha! I think I'm going to throw the SVT kit on it, then drop it about 2".

Does any one know where I can find the SVT kit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
well modding is modding, just be careful it gets ADDICTING! hence why ive boosted every car ive owned, once the modding bug bits, it keeps biting until the boost bug shows up then its all over =P

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
svt kit? what svt kit are you talking about. if ur talking supsension, it only drops you .5 inches. if ur talking header, you have to piece ur own together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts