Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so basicly i know little about cars and i wanna learn and tune up my focus to not just look good but to be good under the hood also. So what im asking for is there any books or any online websites where i can start learning how i can mod my focus? if so let me know also if u wanna help me learn just leave a comment or pm me and ill be sure to get back to you.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Tint drop rims. Are the easiest start. You could also do exhaust intake headers. Just to name a few

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tint drop rims. Are the easiest start. You could also do exhaust intake headers. Just to name a few
alright but i wanna really start learning and put a different engine, clutch and everythign under the cood to be new because right now everything is in oil because a few months ago my oil cap fell off and the oil spilled everywhere under the hood so i just wanna rebuild everything under the hood basicly and so i wanna learn and apply my knowlidge

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
You've come to the right place. You can learn a whole lot on here there is a ton of great info.

Just start browsing around different sections of the forum, read the stickied threads at the top of the page. Also feel free to ask questions of course.

Check the Zetec performance chat to get ideas on mods and maintaining your engine. Lucky for you the Zetec is very reliable they last and last.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i just need to know where to start tho. should i start with the exterior, interior, or under the hood. if i should start with the hood where should i start from in there bc there is so many things to do.

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Thats up to you man. Is your car running well? Does it need some maintenance done? The Zetec is pretty solid and shouldn't have any major problems.

I would look in the showroom at pictures of other people's foci and decide what your goals are and where you would like to start with mods.

Popular first mods for under the hood are intake (cold air or short ram), exhaust and a tune.

Other great first mods could be suspension, new springs and dampers for a lower and better handling ride. Or coilovers if you get into stance/show, or track/auto-x.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats up to you man. Is your car running well? Does it need some maintenance done? The Zetec is pretty solid and shouldn't have any major problems.

I would look in the showroom at pictures of other people's foci and decide what your goals are and where you would like to start with mods.

Popular first mods for under the hood are intake (cold air or short ram), exhaust and a tune.

Other great first mods could be suspension, new springs and dampers for a lower and better handling ride. Or coilovers if you get into stance/show, or track/auto-x.
alright. how can i clean all that oil thats under the hood because it is EVERYWHERE and when i mean everywhere i mean it. it spilled after the cap flew off when i was driving on the highway and im afraid that if i go to the wash and powerwash the engine and the parts around it i might mess up something. i can post pictures to show where the oil is spilled

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Just find a good degreaser and a shop rag and go to town

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Definitely wanna make sure you get another oil cap , but like Tom E said get a degreaser , rag and watch it around any electrical stuff .

Then after you get what you can cleaned up , you might wanna steam clean it but once again be cautious around the electrical connections .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely wanna make sure you get another oil cap , but like Tom E said get a degreaser , rag and watch it around any electrical stuff .

Then after you get what you can cleaned up , you might wanna steam clean it but once again be cautious around the electrical connections .
yeah ive thought about just redoing everything under the hood just tearing out the stuff and rebuilding it agan just like brand new and putting another engine in with more power possibly a racing engine but i just dont have the skill to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts