Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am not mistaken there is no trunk button in the car, just on the keys....

That wouldn't be to bad, but I can't pop the trunk with the keys in the ignition, which sucks because many times I stay in the car while my wife runs into a store.

Am I missing something or is there really no trunk release, other then the one on the key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think there is a trunk release in the car. I have also been unable to locate it if there is one. I haven't tried using the release on the fob (have the keyless start) but there is a button on the trunk itself to release it (the Fusion doesn't have that...) the car just has to be unlocked to use it.

I'm still getting used to the unlock button being on the center stack only.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
unlock the vehicle and then press the button on the hatch/trunk lid by the tag lights.

there is no interior button

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe there is a soft-touch liftgate / trunk release button hidden in the trim above the rear license plate.

EDIT: that was quick! Yeah, like misfire said in post #3.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I believe there is a soft-touch liftgate / trunk release button hidden in the trim above the rear license plate.

EDIT: that was quick! Yeah, like misfire said in post #3.
I've got a really dumb question. Does the trunk open by itself or do you still have to lift it open after unlocking it? The reason I ask is that the sedan version will automatically pop the trunk correct?

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
I've got a really dumb question. Does the trunk open by itself or do you still have to lift it open after unlocking it? The reason I ask is that the sedan version will automatically pop the trunk correct?
It does not lift itself. It is entirely too heavy for that.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
[/IMG]

Here is the trunk release button on a 2013 Titanium inside the car.
Yes, well only the 2013 models have this switch, the 2012 models only have the button underneath the lip of the deck lid or above the license plate on the hatch and the IKT or IA remotes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is something that they majorly screwed up on the 2012s. Glad they fixed it for the 2013s.

·
Jetsetter
6,648 Posts
This is something that they majorly screwed up on the 2012s.
How?, the sedan or hatch still require you to physcally open the trunk/hatch, even if there is a button now on the inside you still have to get out of the cap to open it...[dunno]

·
Registered
493 Posts
When you press the button hidden in the trim above the license plate on the SEDAN, the trunk pops all the way open, and FAST. Seriously do not hover over the trunk when you press the button because it will hit you.

It does not lift itself. It is entirely too heavy for that.
got a 2012 titanium as well and I don't have the trunk release button as you have it pictured here! odd!!!

I only have the fog lights switch on the left and that's it!
That button is in the 2013's NOT the 2012's unfortunately.

I too dislike not having this button in my 2012...what were they thinking..

·
Registered
239 Posts
How?, the sedan or hatch still require you to physcally open the trunk/hatch, even if there is a button now on the inside you still have to get out of the cap to open it...[dunno]
It's just a nice convenience I've always been used to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
On the 13s, when you press the button inside the car, the trunk will unlock and fully open on its own. Same when you press the button on the remote.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you have a SEDAN when you pop the trunk either via the key FOB or the hidden button, it opens fully on its own...it does anyway on my SEL.

·
Registered
763 Posts
When you press the button hidden in the trim above the license plate on the SEDAN, the trunk pops all the way open, and FAST. Seriously do not hover over the trunk when you press the button because it will hit you.

That button is in the 2013's NOT the 2012's unfortunately.

I too dislike not having this button in my 2012...what were they thinking..
I almost caught one to the chin first time I opened it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
the sedan will go up by itself when you unlock it, at least mine pops all the way up by itself

·
Registered
493 Posts
I almost caught one to the chin first time I opened it.
Glad I'm not the only one who almost had that happen to! I almost had the same happen to my girlfriend who was standing next to the trunk when I decided to open it without realizing how close she was. She was not happy. oops! [giddy]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts