Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question and I also searched, but where is the tranny dipstick/fill plug in our SVTF's located under the hood? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. A pic would help also.

Looking to replace the tranny fluid and from what I have read, I have to pull the plug in the engine bay, jack up the front of the car, unscrew the plug under the tranny, let it drain, put the plug back in under the tranny, take jack off the car and fill the fluid via the engine bay plug with approx. 2.1 qts of fluid. I hope that is right...

Thanks for the help.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link and I did see that pic earlier in my search. But are you telling me there is no fill plug in the engine bay and no way to check the tranny fluid with the hood open? There has to be a way to check the fluid without going under the car and filling the tranny.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
There has to be a way to check the fluid without going under the car and filling the tranny.
^^^Nope.
Remove fill plug, and if the fluid level is up to the bottom of the hole, you're good to go.
That's the only way to check it.
Actually, that's the way it is on most manual transmissions.
It's a pretty rare occasion where I've seen one with a dipstick...my 2 Lancias come to mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts