Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I got an error code IMRC stuck open bank 1. Reading most of the post on this site, this seems to be a IMRC actuator or DSI lever problem. I can't find any of the above. I took pictures from the inside of the hood and was wondering if anybody can point out where the IMRC and DSI lever is. I also took a picture of a cable that seems to be loose (3rd picture) and was wondering if that could be part of the problem... Thanks
-Ford Focus SE, 2004

Attachments

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes, the duratec does have a imrc, but they are controlled by two solenoids right there on the top front of the manifold. You probably need a solenoid. PM me. That so called loose cable is your cruise control cable. Or you could need the control vacuum valve on the side of the intake.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Here is where the vacuum controller is:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you point out the location of the solenoids and the IMRC? Where would they be on the first picture? Which one controls bank1? (I took a picture where I thought they were but i can't attache images from my desktop, only from an URL...?)

Thanks

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Theres two solenoids right there on top of the intake itself that have vacuum lines running to them. They should be located on top of #2 and #3 runners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked the vacuum lines that are going to the solenoids. One is coming from a part that is next to the vacuum controller on the picture you sent to me. If I press the lever down on this part, the line gets pressurizes. The other one is hidden under car and does not ressurize at all. I swapped the vacuum lines and the error code still remained at Bank1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are the two lines. Are they both supposed to be pressurized when running? What parts are they connected to?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts