Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I drive a 2006 ZX4 and she needs her IAC cleaned.

That being said, I've been trying like hell to find my IAC! I've scoured the depths of the internet (well, some of it) for a picture that lays out the layout (duh?) of what's under the hood of my lovely Focus =] HOWEVER, I suck at it.

Any of you have one of these pictures handy? I know what the valve is supposed to look like but I'm not entirely sure where it is in my car and I don't want to hurt poor Megan anymore. I just want like a blueprint sort of thing and maybe some Sprinkles cuz good lord I love those cakes.

Thanks in advance!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
It is on the intake manifold between the manifold and your head.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
One of the air tubes from the intake HAS to go to the IAC.
So follow the small air tubes from the air intake after the air cleaner, before the throttle body. One of those HAS to go to the IAC.
The IAC is small, usually has a little plastic cap with breather slots in the top.
It has to be on the side of the intake headers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the air tubes from the intake HAS to go to the IAC.
So follow the small air tubes from the air intake after the air cleaner, before the throttle body. One of those HAS to go to the IAC.
The IAC is small, usually has a little plastic cap with breather slots in the top.
It has to be on the side of the intake headers.
Actually, it's not an air-tube as you describe...one does go to the IAC, but it is a sensor wire that plugs into the IAC, but yea same difference....! [cheers]

Crap...I wish my Zetec had the intake manifold up front like that! It sucks that it's all the way in the back between the firewall and engine...blasted Ford! [smackbum]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There ARE pictures from prev. threads on this site (don"t have references handy), It's a round tubular looking thing attached to the intake throttle body with a wire harness & a tube attached if that helps....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet Lord Cthulhu you guys are amazing!

Now that I know where errthing's at I'm gonna get to cleanin'

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts