Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Tach Driver and I need to find the CKP on my 2.3L ... Anyone know where it is located.. pictures would be appriciated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The CKP is at about the 8 oclock position of the crankshaft pulley. You won't be able to see it from under the hood. It looks like you will have to remove the accessory drive belt splash shield from under the car to get at it. As mentioned above this is a VERY critical part of the engine. Because the wires to it are subject to the environment, I would splice into the wire near the PCM inside the car. It looks like the two wires involved are brown/white for the negative and white/violet for the positive which should be pins 41 and 25 on the PCM. The colors should be the same down on the CKP.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so which one do I tap into? I went under there and spliced in the wiring harness... I saw three wires... silver, white/red, and tan/red... Which one do I need to splice into? It was taped up with electrical tape and on the inside there was some kind of silver tape also. I didn't cut any wires yet, but I was wondering which one I should tap into.. Please help.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took some pics under the car to make sure it's the right thing I'm taping into... Here is a picture of the wire coming from the CPS...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
ok if i were in your situation autocrossman.

i believe you can find the correct wire to splice into by slicing off an 1/8th inch of the jacket off each wire, and hook up a voltmeter and find out which wire gives out a signal while the engine is idling, and have a friend pull the throttle cable (or push the gas) and see if the voltage increases accordingly.

I'm just trying to think if it would be similar to a tach install that uses the wire from the distributor. correct me if im wrong but you should see a simlar reading of a 2 volts at 2,000 rpm, or 3 volts at 3,000 rpm and so forth.

k peace

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to avoid all this testing by posting threads. I'm probably going to have a custom shop do it for me.. This is the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE A$$!!! I hope I get it installed today..

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
crap man, i was under my car for an hour today installing a new oem front bumper from focus-central.com.

i was hoping to bust out the volt meter and help you out.
well tomorrow is another day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts