Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still havent recieved anything from buying my svt focus. Its been2 months.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
who did u buy from?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Courtesy Ford here in Central FL

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I worked for a ford dealership in shipping/receiving/parts. Stuff comes in and out like you wouldn't beleive. Its probably the dealership's fault. I'd go by the dealership irate. Ford is pretty big on customer service usually. Its unacceptable for your parts not to be in after 2 months without being contacted. If it was me I'd go by Courtesy Ford and if I wasn't 100% sure they were doing everything they could be doing I'd raise kain and then go to another dealership.

·
Registered
132 Posts
He's not talking about parts... He's talking about the SVT information... It took till july before I got mine and I bought my car in January this year!

Plan on a wait... They run out of stuff all the time, etc...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually im about to move though, my house is up for sale. Will i get my stuff if im not even at the address anymore?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you get a special svt packet i believe amongst other crap. when you move, you'll have mail forwarding, i moved a year ago and recently got some spam mail that was addressed for my last home address. You'll get that info, eventually.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't received anything yet (I bought my car 3 weeks ago). But I called SVTOA to register my car (my dealer didn't do it).. They asked me my address and VIN# of the car.

Maybe it's better to register by phone - just to be sure..

The number I called is on the back of the SVT Focus brochure..

from the SVTOA web site:
-------------------------------------
Please remember, general Ford SVT related questions or concerns and/or owners seeking to become a registered owner with Ford SVT should contact:
1-800-FORD-SVT
-------------------------------------

·
Registered
132 Posts
You get 2 sets of stuff... One is a SVTOA (Special Vehicle Team Owners Association) packet, includes a SVTOA keychain, SVTOA website login and information, Calender, SVT enthusiast mag, and some other stuff. The important Build number certificate!

The second set of stuff you should recieve is from Ford Motor Racing. Same type of stuff, information mostly...

Guess some of you really have poor dealers as mine at least told me about this stuff!
If you wern't told about this call and ask for the customer service manager at your dealer, tell tehm you purchased a SVTF and want to make sure your SVT package has been submitted, ASK WHEN and how long till you should recieve your infromation from it.

If they won't help call SVTOA (greg is the Main man, for the SVTOA website! He's awesome and very helpful!)

PO Box 910505
San Diego, CA 92191
phone: (866) 377-8862
fax: (858) 777-6563
email: [email protected]

The above is the contact info for the SVTOA guys.[:D]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
imajsdaddy said:
It took till july before I got mine and I bought my car in January this year!
Exactly the same for me, right down to the dates. Actually, the Ford Racing stuff came in July, my SVT stuff didn't show up for another month or so after that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received my SVTOA package yesterday! :)

There where no SVT Enthusiast magazine in the package.

Just a SVTOA keychain, Calendar (1 page poster), a SVTOA sticker, a catalog of car care products, membership card, website access.. The certificate will be sent 60-90 days after production of the Focus SVT is finished..

·
Registered
132 Posts
You already got your SVTF RIGHT!?!?! We'll then your car has been produced already! They make the certificate 60 to 90 days after production and should have it to you about the same time frame as your SVTOA stuff....

You could have what happened to me happen... I was posting my build number on the SVTOA web site and noticed someone else had my build number listed... I of course asked the guy what he was doing posting my build number... Turns out my local ford dealer sold my car... It has a check engine light come on before the guy got home... He returned with the car and traded for a black one on the lot.... My dealer (yes they sold it 2 times as a new car bewcause "it was never registered!" which is BS) submitted the SVT packet before they realized tehy submitted the wrong stuff and the other guy (phil, now a guy I know) got the package for the wrong SVTF!

Nice dealer hugh!

·
Registered
23 Posts
imajsdaddy said:
You already got your SVTF RIGHT!?!?! We'll then your car has been produced already! They make the certificate 60 to 90 days after production and should have it to you about the same time frame as your SVTOA stuff....
I meant '60 days after all 2003 SVTF are produced'. I wasn't talking about my car.. I know it has been produced - I have been driving it for about 1 month now... :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
SVT 800 Number

If anybody needs it (I just called today and talked to SVT) @ 1-800-367-3788)..........Mine is a late year 2002 and the address was wrong so I corrected it and should have the packet in 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps........

-Later

1 - 20 of 21 Posts