• Newfoundland

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Fella's

Cold Lake Alberta here....AKA...bum****** nowhere. Not much to do except work, and tune my new car.

Well i just bought a brand new 2005, ZX5....

Silver, 5 speed, all the bells and whistles except for sunroof, and 6 cd stereo.

Now, the question is WHERE TO START????

I was thinking....Cold Air intake, and exhaust, and window tint off the bat...then go to lowering it, then mags....seems like a pretty sensible order...whatca think?

Stock stereo is "ok" i guess....but i need OOMPH...and i mean brain smashing bass..something that will pound out yer eyes and have them stuck to your windshield.

Also, being this is brand new, i dont' wanna screw up my warranty.

I do however wanna change to white face gauges...and suggestions where i can get them??

what to do, what to do....

·
Registered
118 Posts
whats up canadian focus owners another on here in toronto i got a black 04 focus se with the spi engine in it no power from the engine so i got a little nitrous to help me blow past them hondas and see lots of focus up here

·
Registered
630 Posts
not sure if I included it on my av

live above TO work in TO all the way downtown

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trois-Rivières

I'm from Trois-Rivières/Québec and I've seen almost 3 or 4 modding Focus but they are juste looser, the don't reach the 150hp with their I will be the first in town!! =P

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Trois-Rivières

Z-Tech said:
I'm from Trois-Rivières/Québec and I've seen almost 3 or 4 modding Focus but they are juste looser, the don't reach the 150hp with their I will be the first in town!! =P
salut! je reconnais pas ton username mais je suis presque sur que tu est sur le forum du club focus quebec, je me trompe? [:D]

·
Registered
532 Posts
New Focus Owner

Hello Everyone,

I'm From Beaver Dam New Brunswick, (just outside of Fredericton) and my wife and I just purchased 2 2005 Foci. Hers is a silver ZX5 SES auto, mine's a copper ZX3 SE 5 spd. I just have to say, I can't believe how much I love mine! I had not planned on buying one but after doing the test drive on my wife's I was hooked. I had bought an 05 Sunfire back in March, which I was pretty happy with... until I drove the Focus. It is so much a better car that I'm amazed. I should note my sister and her husband are on their second ZX4. Their first was one of the Mexican built ones that had the back wheels fall off while my brother-in-law, his brother and my cousin where travelling down the 401. Even with that they liked the car so much they got another when their lease was up in 2003!

The ZX5 will stay stock, just the way my wife likes it. But mine will get some 16" rims, low profile tires...thinking maybe to lower it...but I'm afraid it will change the ride...and that's one of the things I love about the car is how it rides....pics will be coming of both cars!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
A Question...

S2...

Or anyone for that matter...If I remove the resonator from my air box, will this affect warranty? I am very cautious about doing too much to my car while under warranty as I do not want to void it. Your thoughts...

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
No I can't see that voiding the warranty on anything. If you have to take the car into FORD for any warranty work, just put it on before you take it in there. Even still, I have a completely different intake on my car and a bunch of other things, I still have warranty and FORD worked on my car several times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i too don't see a problem with that. i've taken mine out. my reasoning is that its only another opening to the filter box. air still has to go through filter before going anywhere else. i've read that people have plugged the hole with a rubber stopper of something, but mainly to keep heated air from the battery out, however much that affects air intake with stock system. in addition, i removed the exhaust resonator. can't say i'm a fan of the look of the can in the back. in due time i'll invest in cat back, but for now, a good chunk less to do this until i can afford it. has a decent gurgle sound to exhaust doing that too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey guys I'm from Ontario and am new to the modding scene. But I'm already lovin' it. I plan to make my car something truly nice to look at inside and out.

Is anyone here from Ontario and older then say 25?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi,

I know this probably isn't the place for this but I want to ask Canadian owners this. Have any of you had starting difficulties due to wet weather? Twice now since I got the car, about a week ago, I have found it hard starting when the weather has been quite rainy. Anyone else have this problem? I own an 05 ZX3 SE 5spd

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the ocassional 'problem' starting up in any kind of weather (probably a couple times a month). sometimes it cranks more than usual before running fine. i took it into the dealer after noticing it and they checked stuff out and said it was fine. they also told me to turn the key into the run position and wait a second or two for the fuel pump to kick in, then start her up. didn't really matter. in winter, seems to labour a lot, but i think the winter problem is due to my straining of the battery last winter since i didn't have access to plug in. in any case, i'd take your car in just to get it checked out if its worrying you. might not hurt, since its still new.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well,

I took the car in, they re-flashed the PCM but it still on occassion will be hard to start. I called the service dept and advised that the problem still exists. They want the car overnight to see if they can replicate the problem. So when it goes in for it's next oil change I told them I would drop it off the night before. They claim that if it is caused by the IAC sticking open it would show a code on the computer...so we will wait and see. I suspect that they will not be able to replicate it and this will continue to be a problem with duratec 5 spd cars.

141 - 160 of 557 Posts