Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Where does this wire go?

514 3
Hi all! Putting my 05 Focus ZX4 5 speed back together after replacing a bad clutch slave cylinder. Getting near the end of the job, I found this wire. I'm guessing it's a ground, not sure on that. The connector has been snapped off.

Can anyone tell me where it goes and what type of connector I should solder onto it? Thanks so much in advance!

1st pic is where the wire leaves the harness, above the transmission, 2nd is the end of it.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Hi all! Putting my 05 Focus ZX4 5 speed back together after replacing a bad clutch slave cylinder. Getting near the end of the job, I found this wire. I'm guessing it's a ground, not sure on that. The connector has been snapped off.

Can anyone tell me where it goes and what type of connector I should solder onto it? Thanks so much in advance!

1st pic is where the wire leaves the harness, above the transmission, 2nd is the end of it.

View attachment 315168
View attachment 315167
If it's just a single wire it's probably the starter trigger wire

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I just checked the starter, all the wires are correctly connected there. This one is black and blue. I'm trying to dig up a wiring diagram to figure it out. I have no idea how it broke, perhaps I didn't disconnect it when I was tearing it apart :(

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Solved my problems and answered my questions. I pulled the starter and reinstalled the solenoid properly- when I put it back in initially, the connection was closed since the solenoid didn't slot into the fork properly, so when I hooked the battery up the starter just spun without engaging.

I put it back together, connected the battery, tried to start it, nothing. Then I connected that wire to the body of the car with vice grips and it fired right up, so I got an eyelet connector and crimped it on and stuck it under a bolt and she's good to go, so you were right, it was the starter ground wire. I thought you meant one of the wires leading directly to the starter solenoid, didn't realize there was a ground elsewhere.

Thanks!

Also, didn't know until the other day that 05-07 was considered 1st gen, sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts