Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2000 FF/Zetec. The car is having idle issues and I found this missing line and have no idea where it goes. I have found looking around that this should be plugged. I put a cap on it and disconnected the battery and the car would not idle at all. I pulled the cap off and it idles okay enough to drive, but obviously this isn't right. The image is upside down--sorry.

Thanks

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Refer to and compare the images below from various FF threads. The port should be capped. They put an extra port on the early manifold (marked NA in pic 2) - I think it may have originally had something to do with cruise control throttle actuation that was later altered to electro-mechanical means - and on the later manifold the port was omitted entirely (pic 3).

If your car stalls with it capped, I would do as you did before (battery reset), but give the ECU extra time to adjust the idle speed given that a large vacuum leak is no longer there. This may take a while and some driving. Any idea how long the cap has been absent?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my daughters car and I really have no idea how long it has been missing. Generally, she blows head gaskets before she starts complaining.

I appreciate your response and will try your advice and let you know.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally put the cap on the intake and reset ecu. However, the idle was surging up and down and would not stay running until I disconnected the MAF. I'm going to to try cleaning the sensor and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts