1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Never seen that one before, I have no clue..... sounds like it acts the same as an upgraded motor mount but obviously in a different place. I don't know......

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Looks to me like it may take the place of the lower torque mount. They would probably supply spacers for that to install there.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
In July's sport compact car, they use the Ingalls Stiffy when installing a turbo on the project Scion. They installed it on the passenger side motor mount and connected it to the passenger strut tower. Like an upper mount stabilizer. They said it vibrates the cabin like a mofo.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
"...Appropriately named, the stiffy is an adjustable hydraulic engine damper that sits on the apssenger side engine mount and braces the engine against the strut tower and firewall on the same side. For its bling appeal, this is one of the biggest improvements we've made on the car, but also the loudest". SCC raves about it, but say the sound/vibration is loud for street use.

On the Scion, there must be a bracket attached to the mount but the Stiffy is mounted horizontally to the strut tower/fire wall. No idea how this thing would mount in a focus.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it's one of those "non-specific" items.. in other words.. any where you can mount it with the supplied hard ware that would do some good.
example from fire wall to a point on the block, like where it bolts to the trans for example.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
Scorticus said:
it's one of those "non-specific" items.. in other words.. any where you can mount it with the supplied hard ware that would do some good.
example from fire wall to a point on the block, like where it bolts to the trans for example.
i wouldnt think so considering the fact that it has a specific part number for 2000-2004 focus's. not 2000-07.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I still think it would take the place of the lower torque mount. Makes the most sense to me. Down there, it would mount (by the measurements) and less likely to cause undo noise. I think ill stick with $20 worth of energy suspension mounts.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i dont know i could see it attaching to one of the bolts on the pass. side mount and then to the strut tower. if it does in fact replace the lower mount i would never do it. i just cant see it having the same solid feeling a vf mount has, even thought i have broken a vf mount before.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Looks like it would make the most sense for the lower mount seeing that it is straight across. I think I'll settle for my VF though. If it is universal, would be interesting if someone rigged it up. Guess it would have to come with some hardware seeing that the passenger mount in the focus sits below the strut tower. Hopefully someone will check it out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
it actually DOESNT go where the lower engine mount would go. as said before it connects to the passenger strut bolts with other pieces that they didnt show. it also has three settings for it. my friend showed me the link for it on one of his Lancer forums when i was talking to him about the MAC lower engine mount. and the thing is that none are made for the focus at all! even though, yes, it says its made for it, but there are more parts you need for it that they dont show. if they include them or not, i dont know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.