Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today that this is unplugged from wherever its supposed to be plugged into.. its only plugged into the valve cover..

where does it go?? the place im talkin about is circled and the hose has a line drawn over it..

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah, it goes to your intake....... if you have a stock intake (I don't know if you do or not) it there should be a hose connected from that going into the stock box, at the bottom.

if you have like a CAI or something, I think all you really should do is get one of those little breather filters.

if I'm not mistaken, that is what is called the breather valve......

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
My AEM had the hook up for that tube. I know F2, FS, and the cossie also do.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
does the turbo piping have a spot for it? i guess throw a breather/catchcan/dump line and youll be ok

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
that should run to your intake after your MAF

you shouldn't just put a breather filter there because that will cause lean condition.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got it. it goes in the intake piping right before the turbo inlet.

tight fit back there and there are tons of hoses in the way but i got it

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i got it. it goes in the intake piping right before the turbo inlet.

tight fit back there and there are tons of hoses in the way but i got it
thats what she said...

·
Registered
666 Posts
how does it change the A/F? is it crank pressure, or temp changes that throw off A/F by that little tube?

I have a breather and a catch can on that line, and no oil has come out of it yet... just faint hardly noticeable hot air fumes... the line on the intake side is plugged so its not open sucking in un filtered air... but i haven't noticed any difference...

i dont see any benefit of the hot gasses being sucked back into the intake... so far it hasn't seemed to hurt anything...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it goes the other direction. That tube is the top half of the PCV system and pulls air OUT of your intake (after the MAF so its already metered). This air runs through your crankcase pulling gasses and equalizing pressures and whatnot and is then sucked out of the motor through the PCV valve and into Intake Manifold where it is burned in the engine.

So, if it were unplugged (or just had a filter on it) it would then be drawing unmetered air through the engine and then into the intake manifold causing a lean condition which the computer would try to correct by dumping fuel causing a rich condition, then the computer would cut fuel causing a lean, then dump, etc. causing all sorts of little issues.

moral of the story, leave that hooked up.

·
Registered
666 Posts
okey dokey.. good explanation.

i thought it was a two way valve like some other cars out there.. oops.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts