Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys connect your lines for your wastegate?

i have mine on one of the three portson the back of the intake manifold "t"-ed right in, but my wastgate is not opening at 10psi like it should, and my boost gauge kinda bounces a tiny bit like it has trouble reading boost. i know on a friends boosted 3g eclipse had a similar problem, and it turned out the way the ports were on the manifold stock, the boost would somehow create a draft and his gauge and such would not recognize boost.

·
FF Affiliate
30,879 Posts
Any Vac source will work i recomend that you use one dedicated to the wastegate with nothing else on it , keep the hose as short as you can a longer hose can add boost some and make sure you are on the right place on the waste gate the Turbonetics EVO goes to the bottom port with the Vac hose

Tom

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have one dedicated to the WG, but the WG isnt opening, so i was wondering if its the spot i have the line run to, i have it "t"ed into the line that goes near the fuel rail to the back of the intake manifold. so its either the port isnt seeing boost due to a "draft" effect, or my WG is garbage now

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Any Vac source will work i recomend that you use one dedicated to the wastegate with nothing else on it , keep the hose as short as you can a longer hose can add boost some and make sure you are on the right place on the waste gate the Turbonetics EVO goes to the bottom port with the Vac hose

Tom
[thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts